divers-supply.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

overkillphil

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone dealt with this website recently? I'm in the market for a speargun, and I can't believe their prices. Are they just another Leisure Pro? or are they legit? Anyone? I found some old posts, but nothing recent.

They are a chain of stores in FL & GA. In years past, I've been once to the Macon store and a few times to Jacksonville & FL City stores. Nothing bad to say about them, though limited experience. Locals speak well of the Jacksonville store. I have not dealt with their on-line website.

I've made several purchases from Divers Supply and just got a reg serviced from them. My LDS doesn't service my Oceanic regs and it is just easier to mail it in to them than to drive across the state to get the service.

Also, they have a price match/beat feature that allows you to give them a link to a cheaper price you've found on anything they sell. I've used it and they've always beaten that price.

They ship very quickly and I've had no issues whatsoever with any purchase, including any returns/exchanges I've had to make.

They are not another Leisure Pro. As far as I am aware, they are authorized dealers for the products they sell. I'm just a customer, so I can't give you a definite answer on it.

Bottom line, if my LDS doesn't carry it, Divers Supply is the first place I check.

Diver's Supply does a good job of being both a brick-and-mortar store and an online store. They are authorized dealers for Oceanic and many others. The one near me is very tech-savvy as well.

Very nice folks every time I have dealt with them.

-Thomjinx

Just adding a +1 to whats been said... I will add though that it helps to call first to make sure what you order is in stock. They have been very helpful in swapping out similar items for what they have in stock though.

Has anyone dealt with this website recently? I'm in the market for a speargun, and I can't believe their prices. Are they just another Leisure Pro? or are they legit? Anyone? I found some old posts, but nothing recent.

are they legit? yes.

they are authorized dealers for everything they sell.

If you've heard anything bad about them then it's likely to be a local LDS that is having to compete with them and their mail order business. they were one of the first to do mail order catalogs widely for scuba gear in a time where everyone else bought from full price LDS's. they also have a "store brand" that competing dive shops like to bad talk, but in reality the 'store brand' is made in the same factory as a lot of the rest of the manufacturers gear.... so there is nothing wrong with it.

So they are NOT a gray market dealer? My LDS seems to think so. Could he be confusing this company with another?

So they are NOT a gray market dealer? My LDS seems to think so. Could he be confusing this company with another?

He might think they are a grey market dealer.... but most LDS's have bad mouthed Divers Supply for years because they sold "store brand gear" instead of big name brands. Now they do both.

he's just telling you that stuff to try to get you to buy gear from him. Tell him that you will gladly do that if he offers a competitive price.

There is nothing wrong with the gear at Divers Supply. It's the same gear you can buy anywhere else. Even their store brand is the same gear as everyone else. their store brand regulators are made by the same OEM that makes Salvo, ScubaMax, Tilos, Edge, Dive Rite, TDL's, plus others...

I think they are great. I have bought a few items from them. Not to mention a gave them a large amount of money a while back to get certified. So i have nothing bad to say about them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom