Divers Direct in Dania

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the gooch

Contributor
Reaction score
About two weeks ago I drop my wife's regs off to get their first annual service since we are going to Puerto Rico soon. The manager took the regs and said it would be about two weeks due to them being backed up--no worries. I made sure to ask him about Aeris covering parts as long as the regs are under warranty and he said yes. I provided him all paperwork that came with the regs including original sales receipt from an authorized dealer.

Fast forward to this past Monday. I called to check the status on the regs and the tech said he started them Friday and that they would be done by the end of the afternoon that day. I was in the area that day and decided to pick them up. :shakehead: I get there and the tech is gone but the cashier says they can go back and get them. He came back empty handed and said they were on the bench but not completed and to come back tomorrow.

So the next day (today) my wife heads out to pick up her regs. I received a call from her stating that the bill was almost $100 and she was wondering if this was right. The tech was telling her that Aeris, under no circumstance, provides replacement parts for annual service. I spoke to this employee over the phone and they told me that parts are not included. I asked them to check the paper work and that parts should be covered and that I am responsible for labor. He told me this is not true and said his hands are tied. My wife left the shop and came home.

When I got home I decided to call Aeris directly and spoke to their service manager whom agreed that I was correct. As long as the regs are under warranty and were registered that parts are covered. Now to bring Divers Direct up to speed on a service provided for equipment they SELL.

My wife calls Divers Direct back and spoke to someone in the service department and advised them to go to Aeris' website for information on the parts replacement. This employee said we will have to print out the information along with printing out a copy of our registration on Aeris' website for the regs. Bring this in and then we can refund you the $ for the parts. This employee was being very short with my wife and giving her attitude when they are the ones who messed up.

So now I have to drive all the way back up there to plead my case with these people.

Anyone else have issues with Divers Direct service department? I am planning on not purchasing from this store anymore due to this fiasco and how my wife and I have been treated and spoken to.

No...but I've remained loyal to my LDS for nearly 26 years now, and they take really good care of me. I wouldn't go to anyone else but my LDS for service unless I had a breakdown when I was out of town. I'm really sorry to hear what a hassle you are having, and I know it's a trip for you to get up here too. So. Many. Trips. :(

Enjoy Puerto Rico and bring back pictures!!!

That sucks. I don't have a DD in my area so my experience with them is very limited. I would however strongly recommend that you find a local shop that you like and stick with them. A lot of those big chains just push you through like cattle. With a small shop you might pay a little more but the quality of service more than makes up for the price.

at least DD is looking into the situation.

Thank you DD for taking the time to investigate the matter. I was planning on heading back to the store today to see if I could speak to a manager about this. I am a pretty laid back guy but when my wife was getting mistreated on the phone that made my blood boil.

If you need direct contact with me my phone number is (813) 368-6318

Enjoy Puerto Rico and bring back pictures!!!

Oh, I will. We got a new underwater digital camera so I will be sure to post some picks. Maybe I can drag your butt out to go dive soon as the weather has been warming up. :coffee:

I have taken my regulators to the Divers Direct store in Dania many times for repairs and service. The tech I deal with, Tim, has been straight up and has delivered every single time he has worked on my gear.

I am sorry to hear to about your experience, I would say it is abnormal.

Jeff Trotta

Same thing almost happend to me last year wiht a Zeagle set. First they tried to claim it wasn't under warranty, then they claimed the parts weren't free. (zeagles only paperwork warranty requierment is keep the original sales receipt, which I gave them.) Took me a day after they were ready to get everything sorted out, but the manager in FLL who I wish I could remember his name at the moment finally came around.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom