Diver missing at Ginnie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1-doesn't matter
The reason I asked was because I wonder whether nitrogen narcosis might be a potential factor in impairing judgment and/or performance, particularly if he'd not been diving for a long time. His vertical depth and gas in use might be of interest.

The reason I asked was because I wonder whether nitrogen narcosis might be a potential factor in impairing judgment and/or performance, particularly if he'd not been diving for a long time. His vertical depth and gas in use might be of interest.
At the depth in question it is possible but highly unlikely.

So you know that for a fact? I was unaware of any accident analysis results released as yet.
I do, but it is not my place to say as it would not be first hand knowledge nor from an official report
Could some of the people who seem to know all the details just come out and say, "I know what happened but I won't say because...."
If I recovered the body I would, but since I didn't then I don't want to publish what I have heard. It is the IUCRR's job to publish the report per their mission statement. It is too soon for them to publish but they need to be held accountable to actually do it. They have not published a report since 2019, and prior to that the most recent was 2015. Don't hold your breath

It is the IUCRR's job to publish the report per their mission statement.
It is my understanding that the IUCRR has stopped issuing public reports and only gives reports to the police. The reason supposedly was that they feared a lawsuit if someone from a family was offended by something they wrote. The police will release it to someone through FOIA, but not otherwise.

It is my understanding that the IUCRR has stopped issuing public reports and only gives reports to the police. The reason supposedly was that they feared a lawsuit if someone from a family was offended by something they wrote. The police will release it to someone through FOIA, but not otherwise.
their website says otherwise

their website says otherwise
It started with great intentions, it appears to me to have morphed into a group more dedicated to protection of commercial cave diving interests and a side serving of access protection.. that is just my view

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom