Diver Info card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The point is that a all encompassing diver information card was available over 40 years ago...It is certainly not a new idea.

John Gaffney, who was affectionately called "Goofy Gaffney" by those of us who knew and associated with him so many years ago, was a very progressive thinker who incorporated the latest technology into his agency, the NASDS.

Therefore the OPs suggestion was valid in concept but had been used and discarded many years ago, possibly before the OP was born and certainly before she entered the underwater world

SDM

It isn't the idea or technology that makes a success. It is getting enough people to agree and spend money to meet a need. Unfortunately getting divers or the medical community to agree is like herding cats. Competing diver certification agencies don't help either.

I am not suggesting we have a unified certifying agency or government intervention, only pointing out the barrier to accomplishing a long-recognized goal. Ultimately medical records will be online and, to a limited extent, dive certifications are now.

If I read the OP's intent correctly it is a little less ambitious. A self-prepared information packet that includes medical and certification data is a wise idea that will hopefully never be used... sort of like bomb shelters.

Thanks for your suggestions. I had a poor word choice w/ "card". I'm looking more for an information form (A4) than a "card".
I'll staring working on creating what I had in mind using MS Word or the like.
Check out the US Eventing Association's Medical Cards. I bet you can modify them to include what you want. The eventing cards are required to be worn on the arm of all eventers while riding in events.

. . .

A self-prepared information packet that includes medical and certification data is a wise idea that will hopefully never be used... sort of like bomb shelters.

But I hear that, back in the day, the backyard bomb shelter was quite the place for teenagers in love. ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom