Diver Info card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FinnMom

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have a diver information card form they have made that I would be free to use?
I thought of making something like this for people to carry with them, or for the club to keep on file and take along on trips.
Then I guessed I'd be re-inventing the wheel so I thought I'd ask if anyone wants to share their "wheel".

Name, contact info, next of kin contact info, insurance, dive certification(s), and whatever else you more experienced folks would have thought to include.

Allergies, both food and medicine and PCP/doctor contact. But I think DAN already has this type of card if I'm not mistaken. You might try looking around on their site. B.

That kind of information is needed in an emergency.

In an emergency we also need an insurance and a consulting doctor.
Hence, DAN would probably be the better choice.

Go to daneurope.org/shop and take a look at the: DAN ICE-KEY "In Case Of Emergency"

That little thing requires a computer though.

"Eli kun homma kusee isosti, ja yrität palmun alla selittää swahiliksi että kipeä, niin on tosi iso ilo soittaa DAN:in hätänumeroon ja siellä vastaa joku asioista oikeasti tietävä, englanniksi sentään, ja lähettää sut poppamiehen sijaan painekammioon"

We called this our "get or of jail free card". It saved a lot of drunk divers from a night in the brig. :wink:

Attachments

• USN-Sat-Card.jpg
    USN-Sat-Card.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 141
Thanks for your suggestions. I had a poor word choice w/ "card". I'm looking more for an information form (A4) than a "card".
I'll staring working on creating what I had in mind using MS Word or the like.

About 30, perhaps 40 years ago the now defunct dive certification agency NASDS, aka National Association of Skin (later changed to SCUBA) Diving Schools under the direction of the late John Gaffney produced a membership card that contained an imbedded micro chip with all the necessary information.

You idea is valid and was in use but discarded many years ago.

Good luck

SDM

i have one of those NASDS cards with the microfiche. no good these days......guy at the dive shop would say"what the hell is a microfiche"?? haha

great info.....yes; microfiche is the old manual flash drive....(grin)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom