Diver Heaven - The 100 foot pool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can buy old cold war rocket launch bases here in the US. They used to house the Atlas rockets.

So you get:

5-60 acres of land, some topside buidlings and....

the launch tube and subterrainean bunker. Some of them even have a private airstrip. I am trying to find the link but lost it...

Are you suggesting that one of these should be flooded? How about a scubaboard collaborative funding/collaborative effort? haha.

rocketry:
Are you suggesting that one of these should be flooded? How about a scubaboard collaborative funding/collaborative effort? haha.

I'm in, but how are we going to possibly agree on a location...we need a deep pool that we can airlift around :eyebrow:

Isn't there one in texas somewhere that is open for diving?

I sorta heard about being able to dive in flooded missile silos... forgot where I read that one though.

rocketry:
I believe there was one in Arizona that 'needed some work' going for less that 500K.....

And yes, let the rains fill it, clean up the strip and the cabin... and voila, there you have your own personal dive site. If it was not that far away, I could be tempted.

Of course, that doesn't mean that it can't be done again.

Of couse it does. With enough mool-ah, anything is possible. The hole is dug already, representing a major accomplishment (not having to haul all that dirt).

I've already forwarded this to my LDS... told them they should make some room in the budget next year :wink:

Back
Top Bottom