diver dies off redondo beach (puget sound)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ungh ... that's my neighborhood dive spot. Now I'm worried ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

sounds like a buddy-issue (she surfaced w/o him) more than anything else...

KrisB:

That is a disturbing quote (from the news article) ... but it has been my experience that news stories often contain speculative or inaccurate information.

A reminder to all reading this thread ...

It's highly likely that the friends and family of the deceased diver will be reading threads in this and other internet forums. As in all cases of diver fatalities, we should be careful about speculating on the cause of the accident until we have more information ... especially since the buddy was this guy's wife. Let's not add to the pain and guilt she's already experiencing.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
A reminder to all reading this thread ...

It's highly likely that the friends and family of the deceased diver will be reading threads in this and other internet forums. As in all cases of diver fatalities, we should be careful about speculating on the cause of the accident until we have more information ... especially since the buddy was this guy's wife. Let's not add to the pain and guilt she's already experiencing.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks for the post Bob. I agree.

Personally, I was thinking Kudo's to her for having been able to effect the rescue. We don't know what happened, but she ended up on shore with her buddy, that gave him a much better chance.

Dave

akscubainst:
Personally, I was thinking Kudo's to her for having been able to effect the rescue. We don't know what happened, but she ended up on shore with her buddy, that gave him a much better chance.

Dave
I agree, I should have added that to my previous post. In the case of a dive accident the buddy usually bears alot of guilt. When some cyber-diver claims the accident was due to a "buddy issue" it feeds that guilt. I think KrisB should be a little more sensitive to the surviving buddies grief at this time and since he knows jack-**** about the accident should keep his opinions to the facts at hand.
I applaud the the buddies attempt at rescue and my heart and deepest sympathy go out to her.

KrisB:

The way it's reported doesn't usually have any relationship to the way it happened.

It's entirely possible that she started to ascend, saw that he wasn't following and went back for him.... You would be well advised to assume that anything you read in the media is bullsh.i.t and stick to responding to known and verified facts.

R..

Back
Top Bottom