Diver death at Haigh Quarry (IL.) today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im usaually there about 2-3 times a month with scubatime, so yeah i will definetly stop and say hello.

I have been through EMT training and have gone through multiple scenarios but this did just not compare. I want to be a chicago FF/medic and that incident just clarified why i want to, so for me this is just the beginning.

We usually setup right by the changing rooms on the grass, until classes start in full swing. Now is a great time to go as it is quiet.....well...usually. I hope I dont have to see that again, but you...sounds like you better get use to it.

DandyDon:
[BScubatime and I have messaged about Critical Incident Stress, as covered in the Padi Rescue manual. A good chapter to consider, and there's info on the net as well.

Good call DandyDon, I was going to comment on CIS debriefing but you beat me to it. I think alot of people underestimate how much CIS can harm a person.

jepuskar:
Dean, if you are going to state something like that, please supply your source.

Strickly word of mouth. Came out of the meet & greet. You are probably right, I shouldn't have said anything, but there is already a lot of guessing going on and being distributed whenever something like this happens, and this seemed to makes a lot of sense to me.

I think I may have more insides about deceased diver.
I’d like to learn and verify some more, before I post anything.
I don’t know anything about accident itself, what I am learning, though is diving skills, medical issues and circumstances surrounding that fatal dive.

Air embolism would explain the bubbles if I remember correctly.

how could drowning be the cause of death if he was able to surface and call for help?(Im assuming he was reached quickly on the surface)

Previous postings of the news article in the Kankakee newspaper said that the results of the autopsy were drowning. This leads me to believe that the lungs were examined during the autopsy. But the autopsy Dr. may not have looked for an embolism. And the Kankakee newspaper has been wrong in the past.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom