Diver Accident 4/17/2011 Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't pray, but I certainly send my sincerest thoughts and hope for a full and healthy recovery. We dove together once or twice and I always found her to be welcoming, friendly, and a skilled and aware team mate. My best to her son as well.

That's creepy. I was at Lovers with an adv class from 9-2 and we never saw or hear anything about the solo diver.

I wonder if you would have. Solo diver, so nobody on the beach
worried about him. Picked up offshore, so you on the beach
would not have seen it.

However, I also wonder if this isn't some corruption of the Silver
Prince recovering the dive gear of the two teenagers who died
last weekend.

Female scuba diver rescued, taken to CHOMP
The Monterey County Herald
Posted: 04/18/2011 01:37:14 AM PDT

A female scuba diver was taken to shore by the Coast Guard after fellow divers found her in 70 feet of water between Lovers Point and Point Pinos off Pacific Grove Sunday morning.

Coast Guard Lt. John Suckow said they were called shortly after 11 a.m. on a report that the woman, diving with two men off a 20-foot boat, was in distress. Her dive mates brought her to the surface, placed her in the boat and performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation until they met a Coast Guard rescue boat, which brought her to the pier.

CPR continued on the rescue boat and in an ambulance which took her to Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, where she was admitted and in the hospital's intensive care unit, Suckow said.

There is already 2 threads on this. Maybe they can be merged.

Requested the threads be merged.

Actually I would ask that the thread in Norcal be left alone and allow us to use it how we want. If someone has some facts and wants to start an A&I (with its own set of rules) then fine.

I am sure there are several of us watching the Norcal thread for updates and don't want to deal with all the BS that comes from an A&I thread.

She is still critical at CHOMP ICU @ 10am, sad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom