Diver Accident 4/17/2011 Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the confusion with the he/she/other details is due to the fact that there were actually two accidents today. According to a friend, a middle aged man was solo diving at Lover's and the Silver Prince picked him up. They found him floating face down and no weight pockets.

I was on the Silver Prince yesterday, and the boat did not pick anyone up, though divers did recover lost scuba gear from the accident the previous weekend.

I just got back home from the hospital and the prognosis is not good at all. I talked to the doctors and to some of her family and it appears that it was a medical issue at depth. We simply don't know what it was at this time, but she likely bolted because of that.

She was my dive buddy at the time and I followed her to the surface.

Please pray for her.

dannobee: Thank you for keeping us informed. I will certainly pray for this brave woman. I am sure that many others are as well.

Thank you Dan for letting us know the information. I know both of you are highly trained divers and she was lucky it was you two.

Please keep us informed with any updates on Kristina.

Hoping for the best....

I had several PM exchanges with Kristina over the past 18 months. Very smart, kind woman. Wish I'd gotten to know her better.

Hoping for the best.

I just got back home from the hospital and the prognosis is not good at all. I talked to the doctors and to some of her family and it appears that it was a medical issue at depth. We simply don't know what it was at this time, but she likely bolted because of that.

She was my dive buddy at the time and I followed her to the surface.

Please pray for her.

Thanks for the information Dan. Is there anything we can do to help the family?

Thanks for the information Dan. Is there anything we can do to help the family?

I know she has a son living with her.

I dove with her on two separate occasions at Breakwater and a boat dive in Monterey. She is an awesome person and great buddy! It was my privilege to dive with her and I hope I get this privilege once again.

Please let us know Dan if there is anything I can do.

I remember meeting Kristina when she came to one of my North Coast parties back in 2004 or maybe 2005?.
Anyway, I remember her telling us about her Monastery incident and I thought, what determination this woman has to keep at it and continue to dive.
I hope like hell she pulls through and makes a full recovery.
Even though I don't know her that well, I know she's a lot of fun to hang out with.
At the last Abalone opener at Albion I heard she brought two Costco bottles of Patron and in the morning when everyone got up the two bottles were empty and nobody remembers what happened :shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom