Divemaster Training, so cal help appreciated.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flamebug818

Reaction score
Southern california all ways want a dive buddy
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking at getting working to get my DM certification this summer and have a few questions.

I would ideally like to get a NAUI DM certification, nothing against PADI but all (except for ADV Diver) of my certifications were from NAUI and i also, at a camp i went to, got some practice with NAUI leadership techniques.

BUT... i can't seem to find any Naui shops near me. I live in Agoura Hills ca. which is in between Thousand oaks and West Hills, and am willing to drive a fair distance.

I have two questions, how do you go about getting non-shop instruction? i.e. just an instructor, i have never gone this route before and am curious.

And, is there any great differnce between the two certifications and how difficult is it to do crossover training/ become an Instructor through an agency that you didn't do DM in?

Thanks alot for any help!!

I'm in Ventura, not too far from you. PM sent with email.
Neil

Sue Grant is a good instructor (from what I have heard) but she works with Sport Chalet, which is a PADI shop. I'm not aware of her working independently, but I could be wrong.

I'd contact Tom Wetzel, who teaches LA County, YMCA and NAUI out of the Glendale YMCA. His contact info is here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom