Divemaster Training Changes Coming in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stickers are for the IDC app not the DM app.......

This is why the word 'CHANGES' appears in the title of the thread. As of June 1st DM applications need a decal. The new DM application form is available from the PADI Pro's site, and you will see the space for the decal on this new form. Go download it and see.......

I started my DM in Feb of this year and completed it early April.

My crewpack did have the new manual AND the hologram sticker. The application form which is sent to PADI also included a space for the sticker to be attached.

What of those who finished the DM prior to the OWSI manual being included, so didn't get a hologram?

I'm curious what date the hologram began appearing in the DM crewpak...

If you bought your materials before the change you can still send an application in without the decal (or so they informed me). The Decals for the IDC crewpack are in the new guide to teaching. There are also new updates coming in towards the end of the year including I hear a split of the dive skills and environment exam. I'm guessing most of the rest of the curriculum will stay the same, and I do agree with the earlier statement and think its a good idea for DMs to have a copy of the manual so they can be a lot more aware of the standards for the courses they are assisting on : )

yep... just been told i need to purchase the IDC manual. $150AUD.

but it's not that big a deal, i intend to do the course anyway.

:confused:I bought my DM packet two years ago and am just now getting around to doing it. Do I have to go buy the instructor manual now? I'm using my husband's huge manual, wonder if he's going to have to buy another manual this year too?:confused:

I think for courses starting after June 1st of this year everybody needs the decal. But maybe e-mail PADI and ask them directly, explaining your situation.

The Instructor Manual has now been revised too, and is much smaller..... Your husband should be able to log-on to the PADI Pros site and download a copy. This won't solve your decal issue tho'.....

:confused:I bought my DM packet two years ago and am just now getting around to doing it. Do I have to go buy the instructor manual now? I'm using my husband's huge manual, wonder if he's going to have to buy another manual this year too?:confused:

It sounds like the manual you have is somewhat dated. Your hubby should have gotten a copy of the new "digital" 2010 manual when he renewed his membership this year, so I would suggest installing that on a laptop. It's a smaller, more concise version than its predecessors.

As this thread has been resurrected, as I understand it the PADI DM course is due for a major overhaul this year with the new course due for release in Q3.

I was asked to provide some input into the redesign, as were other members of the instructor development community.

One of the things discussed was how to make the course both more broad and more deep, yet still allow the variation in diving culture we see around the world. I don't know what changes have made it into the course, but I am quite looking forward to the announcement.... though I suspect that Q3 this year is optimistic, more likely to be announced Q1 2011 I think, with a transition period through to Q3 2011.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom