Divemaster Training Changes Coming in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skunky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I hear that there are changes coming to the DM course sometime in June. Anyone have any input on what those changes will be? Changes to the swim tests? No tables, just computers? AN internship in the Maldives will be required? (I know, bad joke.. J/K..:bonk:) Any info would be great.

I am getting ready to start my DM course but was wondering if I should hold off until June for the updated material. Let me know.. Thanks..

His profile says PADI

The main changes are concerning the required materials. As of June PADI DMTs will need to have an instructor manual too. The new one, not the huge old one. With this new instructor manual comes a decal, which has to be attached to the application form at the end of the course.

The main changes are concerning the required materials. As of June PADI DMTs will need to have an instructor manual too. The new one, not the huge old one. With this new instructor manual comes a decal, which has to be attached to the application form at the end of the course.
Of course, so please pay us more...... Wow, you have to have the decal... So you can't get/buy one second-hand. They are greedy. :shakehead:

The fact that these things ALWAYS digress into a 'PADI's greedy' or 'PADI's killing diving with their low standards' is really killing forums like Going Pro and I2I. Can we not get over this pettiness? This forum is supposed to be about helping each other who either are Going Pro or are already dive professionals.

If you know something substantial about the changes coming, please answer the OPs question. If you have an opinion but have nothing of substance to add, it would be more helpful to others if you kept your opinions to the Surface Interval forum where they belong.

Divin'Hoosier:
The fact that these things ALWAYS digress into a 'PADI's greedy' or 'PADI's killing diving with their low standards' is really killing forums like Going Pro and I2I.

I agree that some of the responses serve no useful purpose and should stop. On the other hand, these discussions do not "ALWAYS digress into a 'PADI's greedy' or 'PADI's killing diving with their low standards'" especially in the I2I forum. It happens, but rarely. I've seen those type of discussions moved to the I2I forum which should never happen, in my opinion.

I just got my DM crew pack last weekend -- It had an instructor manual and the hologram decal you need for your application.

My LDS is always first in line when it comes to using the very latest PADI materials.

I don't see anything wrong with PADI (or other agencies) requiring dive masters to have the latest training materials to help them with educating new divers. If you don't want to be up to date with the training from an agency... why are you becoming a dive master?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom