DiveBandit @ Diver's Supply

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, well, well seems our very own DiveBandit is going to be working @ Diver's Supply on Gunn Hwy. (Gunn n Linebaugh), in Tampa (my shop).

If you haven't been in the shop lately, there have been several major changes. Almost doesn't look like the same place. There is all new staff. HoundDog/Mike is working there now :yelclap: along with Scott.

Besides all the new highly qualified staff they've added. The shop looks fantastic. It's been cleaned up big time and new walls added around the fill station. Note, they are now serving Helium :cool2: (of course, only to those who are qualified).

They've also added a couple steel tanks to the rental line-up and will be adding more nitrox ready tanks as well :thumbs-up So no more running out of tanks if there is a class :D

Last but not least, as of yesterday, our very own DiveBandit has taken an assistant manager job there. :wave: Please be sure to stop in and give him as much grief as is humanely possible :):doh2::popcorn: Conga-rats Dave. :)

Last edited:
Helium..........isnt that what they stuffed in the Hindenburg?
See what happened after that? BOOM!

After inhaling He will you look/feel like a blimp?

(just a little He humor)

If it wasn't bad enough when they hired Kyle (Ohio State Buckeye Fan) :confused:

Seriously - Kyle, Dave and the gang are great guys! Congratulations Dave!

Sean

I'm so happy to hear about the changes in the shop. It was not very inviting. Can't wait to see it.:D

Congratulations Dave!

Hydrogen in the Hindenburg, helium in trimix. Both give you lift but one will explode while the other just makes you sound funny.:D

Thanks Tracey :D , One thing though - The address is 4349 Gunn Hwy.

Congrats Dave. Now I have a reason to stop in there when I'm on that side of town.

Hey Dave, I thought you were working at Scuba West? Anyway, now that you're working at DS hopefully they'll no longer insist on completely draining my doubles if I only need to top-off a cave fill.

Dave

Hey Dave, I thought you were working at Scuba West? Anyway, now that you're working at DS hopefully they'll no longer insist on completely draining my doubles if I only need to top-off a cave fill.

Dave

That's funny, I thought he was working w/ Calypso Divers(maybe I am wrong). Hope there was no fallout there.

McGowan, you are correct. I started out at Calypso when I first became an instructor, but that was a non-paying volunteer gig. Once I decided to make this a career I had to leave there as they do not pay thier instructors. I did enjoy my time there and I think Ed, Marge, and Gary are nice people.

Recently I was working with Scuba West, but within a few weeks of starting there I realized it wasn't what I thought it would be. When the Divers supply position came up I took it.

I think I'll be very happy with Divers supply as the guys there are just as enthusiastic about diving as I am. The place has really changed for the better since Kyle took over, and the synergy (sorry for the corporate term) there is incredable. I'm particularly excited about the technical program and services being implemented. You'll soon be able to get IANTD training, cave training, trimix fills, etc. I can't wait.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom