• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

DiveAssure - terrible customer service/claims service

Discussion in 'Dive Insurance' started by Dough18, May 16, 2019.

1. togatown

togatown Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    When you quote it and are ready to purchase, it gives you two options, one for Secondary and one for Primary. Secondary was at least a few hundred dollars cheaper, so shame on me for not thinking it could happen to us.

2. Dogbowl

Dogbowl Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: None - Not Certified
    Aaah ok, so it’s an option. Thanks for letting me know that. That is a very important distinction.

3. togatown

togatown Nassau Grouper

Yes, never make that mistake again. Also probably going to join Global Rescue as well.

4. Dogbowl

I hope you guys are alright.

5. togatown

togatown Nassau Grouper

Yes, my wife is recovering 100%, thank you for asking.

rjack321 and chillyinCanada like this.
  6. Dogbowl

Good to hear that.

7. outofofficebrb

outofofficebrb HARRO HUNNAYYY

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    You still get paid out with secondary. It just takes longer because they want proof that someone else has already paid as much as they can, e.g., your health insurance or credit card coverage. They just pick up where everyone else has already paid out and if you still have a balance. If you don’t have any other paying party, essentially secondary isn’t an issue.

8. carobinsoniv

carobinsoniv Manta Ray

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Looks like the claim form is on Global Benefits Group letterhead and shows a California address. May want to file a complaint with th the California Department of Insurance.

rjack321 likes this.
  9. Dough18

Dough18 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Just an update. My claim was paid out in full less the $50 deductible. I finally reached somebody live (by trying every number I could find) and they really stepped up and connected me to the right people. I can say the emails and voice messages did not get answered timely. Once I was connected to the right person through their secret system - we were able to move things forward. The person I spoke to in customer service (Betty) was a disappointment. In any event, I can live with the timelines but the communication along the way needs work...

10. outofofficebrb

outofofficebrb HARRO HUNNAYYY

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Hi, @Dough18. Thanks for the update. I'm glad they pulled through for you and that it worked out. Do give them that feedback, especially specific to that individual, and ensure there is accountability. It doesn't matter what type of organization it is; someone like that is crippling to any process, whether internal or external.