Dive Watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milktrayman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Aside from Dive computers... its always good to have a decent dive watch on your wrist. It was my birthday last week and i want to buy myself a decent solid chunky dive watch. Dont think i can afford a james Bond Omega or even a Rolex, but i have been looking at the 20 bar watches and cant seem to find any decent ones...

any recomendations? what are your ultimate dive watches? :14:

this really is a matter of personal preference and style.

I have several seikos, all rated to 200 m, one of which has been on my dives since 1982. Just used my orange samurai for a week of diving and water sports and it performed flawlessly. Automatics keep good time, quartz is better.

Citizen makes several fine designs including the ecodrive.

Check out the Zeno watch, which has a reasonably priced Doxa knockoff ala Dirk Pitt.Zeno Watches
The reissues from Doxa are very nice.

If you are not in the market for higher end, the Ball Master Diver and Rado Original Diver are probably beyond what you want.

I have a Poseidon professional pro 500 diving watch and have been wearing it for 3 years now. This watch has a rugged construction with a yellow face and a one way bezel. It is made of stainless steel. I did a lot of diving with it.

This Poseidon has a rating of 500 m. The selling price is about $150.00. I can recommend this watch.

i've had a look at the poseidon pro 500 - it looks good with the yellow dial... i also like the chronographs ( with the 3 mini-dials ) but cant find any with a yellow dial. the expensive version is a breitling but even that doesnt have the 3 mini dials.

the citizen eco-drive range also look good.

hmmm....... i like the yellow dials... saw a Pulsar yellow-dial watch but that only goes to 5atm which is no use.

I have a Breitling with the yellow face and the rubber strap that I have worn on all of my dives keeps great time. best watch I have ever owned.

I dive with a Seiko orange monster automatic, and the wife dives with a Festina sub diver. The orange dial is easy to read under water. They are good back up for our dive computers. Both watches are relatively inexpensive and are as good as any other dive watches goes IMHO.

I have a Breitling Seawolf, I am sure I will never dive to 10000ft, and several other high end brand dive watches, but my Seiko does the diving and the other ones I use when I go out. LOL. If the band break and I lose the watch while diving, I would not be P#$%*& about the cost of the watch. I love a good quality swiss watch, but I would not like to lose it during diving. I know some watches will cost more then all the dive gear put together, and I am talking about high end dive gear and computer. I think it is silly to dive with a Rolex yacht master, it a show piece. Do have an ultimate dive watch, I have to many to chose from.

It depends on how much you are looking to spend on a orange or yellow face watch. Here are some from the major watch brands out there, I own several of them.

Festina Sub diver has both a yellow and orange version, Japanese quartz 300m, it will run about $140

Luminox has several models with yellow or orange dial they start at about $180 swiss quartz movement 300m

Seiko orange monster Japaneses or Malaysian automatic movement, 200m about $250

Citizen eco drive is a chronograph with a orange or yellow dial, 200m Japanese automatic movement, about $250

Technomarine has the Abyss 12000mm in orange or yellow, swiss quartz about $450

Zeno are nice, they use a swiss eta automatic movement, way less then the doxa, like it was stated earlier a good doxa knock off. good to 300m about $450-500, not a major watch brand though.

Invicta has couple of watches with yellow or orange dials, they have a chronograph, three small dial rated at 500mm for about $800 in orange or yellow. And a regular dive watch with yellow or orange for about $600, both are swiss automatic movements

Movado series 800, the chrono will cost about 900, the regular dive watch 650. 200mm, swiss quartz movement, available in orange, yellow or red.

Tag Heuer Has the F1 in a chronograph for about $1100, or the regular for about $800 in a red face. 200m, swiss quartz

Doxa, swiss automatic, 300m about $3000, limited production, high price

Breitling M1 chronograph, with the three dial for the stop watch, swiss quartz 1000m and like all breitling it is chronometer certified with a yellow face. $2500

Breitling seawolf 3000m, swiss automatic, orange dial, about $3000

There are couple of other brands out there that have orange faces, but I really do not know much about them. Hope this helps your search with orange/yellow dial dive watch. Once you shop around the prices are less.

I have a Pulsar PUA-115 200m dive watch with solar drive that I received as a gift. You can pick them up from Princeton Watches online for $119. Pulsar is made by Citizen so the Pulsar 115 uses their "eco-drive" technology. The battery never needs replaced. The watch keeps amazing time, only losing about 1 second a month. All you get is time though, no other dive features.

If I was to buy a dive watch today I'd get either a Citizen Hyper Aqualand Promaster ($300 at Princeton Watches), a Citizen Aqualand Duplex Promaster ($300 to $360), or a Citizen Aqualand Eco-drive ($300). I've watched brand new Citizen Aqualand dive watches sell on e-bay for less than $200.

I have the Aqualand Duplex, and love it. the only issue I have with it is the digital sections light up (where all the dive info is.) This is only a minor annoyence though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom