Mid Range Dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oscuro

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a very old Citizen dive watch and I am looking for a new up to date dive smart watch for logging dives. Very undecisive as many watches out there.

I am an advanced diver with 2 specialties but unfortunately I am only a fair weather holiday diver, so I do a few dives once a year abroad. So I am looking for a watch that I can use to log dives, that has many good features and future in case I do more dives, and I can wear daily whilst on holiday. I do have a Garmin Fenix smart watch that I use for exercise, so looking for something to complement it and maybe leave the Garmin at home. I like the large wrist computers, although I can't wear for everyday but may look silly taking when diving as I do very few dives, maybe overkill (indecisiveness coming in again).

Any recommendations welcome. I deally nothing more than Mid £400s

Cheers
Tony

This is a weird one.
My gut reaction says that this computer will serve you very well and fit the bill

The issue though is that you're already wearing a Garmin smart watch and the Garmin Descent is for all intents and purposes a Fenix with a depth sensor. If you're anywhere close to ready to replace that smart watch then I would buy the dive version of it for holiday. It's a little bit bigger than the standard Fenix but it's functionally the same device. This has huge benefits to you since the user interface is something you are used to as that is often the most common issue with divers that dive infrequently, not knowing how their computer works....

The issue though is that you're already wearing a Garmin smart watch and the Garmin Descent is for all intents and purposes a Fenix with a depth sensor. If you're anywhere close to ready to replace that smart watch then I would buy the dive version of it for holiday. It's a little bit bigger than the standard Fenix but it's functionally the same device.
This is what I was thinking. Not leaving the Garmin at home, but rather taking it with you. The G1 is close to the price target. MK series is a bit higher, but if joined with replacing a Fenix, it’s a no-brainer.

I wear a Descent MK2s as a daily wear watch/activity tracker/smart watch. And as a backup to my Perdix. It’s a very capable dive computer by itself, not to mention the surface features.

...My gut reaction says that this computer will serve you very well and fit the bill
OP wants to log dives, has that been worked out with the Excursion? Sorry, I have not been following the issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom