dive watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 2 different Citizen EcoDrive watches. I have used them both at one time or another on multiple dives the same day. Never had a problem with either battery. The watches I own are in post #11. The depth gauge on both are +/- 1' from my computer. Does the orange monster have a depth gauge? I like the idea of a back-up.

The Orange Monster does not have a depth gauge. It also does not have a chronograph. While it lacks these functions, it has one of the most easy to read min/hour hands as well as very wide and bright lune. The bezel is also very solid and easy to use. Completely electricity free as it is a mechanical automatic watch.

The first Citizen watch you have was actually the one I have been thinking about getting...may still get it eventually. Looks great and nice to have a land chrono as well as a depth gauge (although it would be my third after my wrist computer and console). My two biggest concerns were the charge duration while in dive mode (as mentioned in one of the Amazon reviews below), as well as readability of the watch face, as there seems to be a lot going on on it. Also, do you every have problems with it going into dive mode with just minimal moisture?

Amazon.com: Citizen Men's BJ2004-08E Eco-Drive Aqualand Two-Tone Black Rubber Strap Dive Watch: Citizen: Watches

http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-BJ200...nd-Stainless/dp/B000EQR6TS/ref=pd_sbs_watch_3

The Orange Monster does not have a depth gauge. It also does not have a chronograph. While it lacks these functions, it has one of the most easy to read min/hour hands as well as very wide and bright lune. The bezel is also very solid and easy to use. Completely electricity free as it is a mechanical automatic watch.

The first Citizen watch you have was actually the one I have been thinking about getting...may still get it eventually. Looks great and nice to have a land chrono as well as a depth gauge (although it would be my third after my wrist computer and console). My two biggest concerns were the charge duration while in dive mode (as mentioned in one of the Amazon reviews below), as well as readability of the watch face, as there seems to be a lot going on on it. Also, do you every have problems with it going into dive mode with just minimal moisture?

Amazon.com: Citizen Men's BJ2004-08E Eco-Drive Aqualand Two-Tone Black Rubber Strap Dive Watch: Citizen: Watches

Amazon.com: Citizen Men's BJ2000-09E Eco-Drive Aqualand Stainless Steel Black Rubber Dive Watch: Citizen: Watches

Never had a problem of any kind with the watch.

I have two Invictas and while they are very sharp looking watches, I wouldn't feel very comfortable diving them. I think there are better options available. If you're looking for a digital, you can't go wrong with a G-Shock. But, there are watch/dive computers that look great for everyday use and double as a backup dive computer so that's an option as well. Otherwise any of the watches mentioned would be good choices.

This is the one I have:

citizen-promaster-carbon-eco-drive-mens-stainless-steel-bj2095-53e.jpg

As mentioned, for a simple watch it is hard to beat a Seiko divers. My oldest was bought new in 93 and it's still in great shape despite tons of water time. It does gain time, but it is predictible. I've also logged lots of time with a Citizen HyperAqualand which is a good "digital" option if you want a depth gauge and dive log functions. The batteries last for several years. I've had good luck with the original style Citizen Aqualand Pro as well, which is one of my favorite looking watches. As for G-Shocks, if you are using the buttons a lot while submerged, they tend to get a bit "misty." This may be better with the newer "Mudman" style buttons. Same for Luminox. The original version took on moisture on me in 10fsw, although I was working around some high-velocity pumps that were pushing a lot of water. So, under $250, take your pick of Seikos, $300 and around, Citizen gives you some "backup" functionality. Either will last you for years....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom