dive watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a little larger.

citizen-promaster-sea-bj8044-01e.gif

I have a jsar and LOVE it. If you can tear up a Marathon SAR the watch will be that least of you concearn. You will likely have bigger problems like your body to worry about. The Marathon SAR watches are not "fancy" but they are tough. On the down side the metal band is extra. That being said I dive with the SAR style straps. That way if a pin staps you dont lose a watch!

Check these out. CountyComm - Quartz Watches They are the authorized distributor or Marathon in the US.

Nick
You know I just bought some stuff from CC and they farted around and I'm not going to have my gear for a dive this w/e. Hacks me off, so I give a big thumb's down for buying from them. It will certainly impact my buying from them in the future.

Anyone like this from Invicta? Costco has them for $299, and other versions for less.

View attachment 116661

View attachment 116662

Second the Invicta question.. I need a ladies dive watch.. doesn't seem to be many of them around. Top it all off I have a kid sized wristed so even a small mans watch is huge on me.. Amazon has Invicta's at a decent price.

You know I just bought some stuff from CC and they farted around and I'm not going to have my gear for a dive this w/e. Hacks me off, so I give a big thumb's down for buying from them. It will certainly impact my buying from them in the future.

Sorry to hear that. I have bought from them about a dozen times. Every time USPS just take a week to get here. When I bought my JSAR it came with free over night.

What watch did you by from them?

Nick

I bought some straps so I could actually dive my dive watch over my drysuit. It would have been both cheaper and quicker had they sent it via USPS Priority. It was just more convenient for them I guess.

Seiko Orange Monster. Period. Reliable and a legendary watch. I debated quite a long time between the Orange Monster and the Citizen Aqualand and there were a few reasons why I chose the Seiko. The metal bracelet is super high quality and looks great. Watch has a distinctive uncluttered look to it. It is an old school automatic mechanical watch with gears and springs, unlike the Citizen Eco-drive, which rely on a battery...only the Seiko will survive a Nuclear EMP. There have been some reports with issues that the Aqualand battery only lasts less than one hour on dive mode...then needs full recharge (obviously limiting multi-dives). The Orange Monster has quite a cult following and can be had for about $200.

A review of the Seiko SKX781 - the ORANGE MONSTER

I used my Citizen on multiple dives per day in Cozumel and it worked well every dive. Love the depth gauge, and it looks great. The depth reading was within 2 feet of my computer each dive.

DB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom