dive watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally use a Casio Pathfinder. It will be less than 300.00, atomic clock (synchronize itself automatically), solar powered but battery equipped, comes with all normal bells and whistles (timer, chrono, alarms, etc), has a barometer, altimeter and digital compass. It has serves me well for the past three years.

I have one of these that I wear all the time. Depth gauge back up and bezel for time. This one is kind of fun because during dry times all I do is hit the button on the top and it displays the Max depth of my last dive. It always makes me remember my last dive and makes me smile. It also acts as a stop watch, it is solar powered so does not need a battery or the hassle of sending it in to retain it's integrity for depth rating. All around a great watch for diving and for daily wearing. You could put a different band on it to dress it up if you wanted.

L12214508.jpg

I found one of these at a Zales in the clearance bin for $300 and I like it too. It is just a little big to wear all the time but I still like it. It provides all the back I need for dive time and depth and it stores (if I remember correctly) 20 dives.

L11909960.jpg

Last edited:
I have an old Seiko dive watch, a big heavy thing, self-winding, 6309-7040, that I bought in a PX a few decades back. I no longer use it for diving, but I still wear it when I need some arm excercise. It gains about 2 seconds in a week. Amazing. I dive with another Seiko dive watch, quartz, battery, had it for about 12 years, dead on accurate, tough as nails, brightly luminous, easy to read while diving, utterly reliable, and elegant. I paid almost $200 for it back then. Seiko watches are an excellent choice, solid quality.

I have an old Seiko dive watch, a big heavy thing, self-winding, 6309-7040, that I bought in a PX a few decades back. I no longer use it for diving, but I still wear it when I need some arm excercise. It gains about 2 seconds in a week. Amazing. I dive with another Seiko dive watch, quartz, battery, had it for about 12 years, dead on accurate, tough as nails, brightly luminous, easy to read while diving, utterly reliable, and elegant. I paid almost $200 for it back then. Seiko watches are an excellent choice, solid quality.

I have a 6309 that I had modded with a quartz movement, then blasted it. I love it but went the prometheus route. Talk about heavy, the watch and band weigh half a pound. I love the tritium! The model I bought was the jellyfish
show_image_in_imgtag.php

sent via nookcolor N2A.

I love the Seiko watches, I have an SKX781 (Orange Monster) that has probably a million miles on it and is absolutely trashed :( Once the bezel became detached, I picked up an ESQ Blackfin. Neat watch, but not my style. So I went looking and picked up a Deep Blue All Purpose Diver and I love it!
yhst-11234668104341_2196_158443121.jpg
It has a Seiko Quartz movement that is dead on accurate and amazingly well made. 1000m for $150. Great watch for the money. Deep Blue has something for every price range. Check them out: http://www.deepbluewatches.com. I still have my Seiko around for days when I feel nostalgic. One day, when I have the money, hopefully I'll be able to afford a Doxa.

I am a watch guy and have owned a lot of high dollar dive watches over the years. The only spensy one I still have is a Sinn U2 that I seldom dive with since I'd hate to lose it. I have 3 Citizen ecodrives-a big steel Zilla, a titanium Orca, and an older steel Aqualand with the depth gauge. As stated above, greatly amusing to be able to push the button and see what your previous max depth was. I love the ecodrives since they are quartz accurate but no batteries to die (well, the solar cell will crap out eventually but it takes many years). They have good bezels that are easy to use wearing gloves, and the orange minute hands are easy to see at depth. They can be found at good prices on the watch fora, although the Zillas are fairly rare as most people seem to hold on to them once they get them.

I couldn't resist. I bought a tritium version on sale. That is a killer price.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I just discovered this is NOT a dive watch the Daynight T-25 they have on sale does NOT have a screw down crown. Bummer.

Back
Top Bottom