dive watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I occasionally dive an older model Tag Heuer. However, what I use most now is an Aeris Manta. This is an attractive nitrox dive computer that is about the same size as a large dive watch. If you are spending in the $400-$500 range, why not get an instrument that doubles as both a watch and dive computer (with a wake up alarm). This serves as my back-up dive computer.

TNRonin, buy through deepbluewatches.com next time. They sell direct to you and the prices are the same as on amazon. Plus it's easier to find whatever you're looking for and all the specs are right there in front of you. Check out the All Purpose Diver. It's not expensive, I love the style, and it's tough and really well built.

TNRonin, buy through deepbluewatches.com next time. They sell direct to you and the prices are the same as on amazon. Plus it's easier to find whatever you're looking for and all the specs are right there in front of you. Check out the All Purpose Diver. It's not expensive, I love the style, and it's tough and really well built.

I did buy from deep blue. It's not a big deal I gave the watch to my boy. He is not a diver yet, and when he dives it will be with his SAR. I noticed that none of the descriptions stated if the crown screwed down. Though I am on my tablet and missed it.

sent via nookcolor N2A.

Anyone like this from Invicta? Costco has them for $299, and other versions for less.

635496LL_v2.jpg

635496LL.jpg

I have a jsar and LOVE it. If you can tear up a Marathon SAR the watch will be that least of you concearn. You will likely have bigger problems like your body to worry about. The Marathon SAR watches are not "fancy" but they are tough. On the down side the metal band is extra. That being said I dive with the SAR style straps. That way if a pin staps you dont lose a watch!

Check these out. CountyComm - Quartz Watches They are the authorized distributor or Marathon in the US.

Nick

Here is a link to a seller. This guy is a diver, good guy, and one of the consultants for the design of the watch. Broadarrow

The price is above $400 but not by much and you might find them cheaper used. I have a SAR early model set aside as a gift for my son when he graduates from HS. The bracelet is SOLID FWIW.
View attachment 114563

Last edited:
How do some of the luminox watches stack up against the brands mentioned in this thread so far?

they make a decent watch. I would not dive one of the seal watches though. I have one of their chronographs and would not hesitate to dive it. Though I would not use there timer function. I like my chronograph.

sent via nookcolor N2A.

I use a Citizen Promaster 300 meter and also have a pulsar solar 4000 200m diver. I usually wear the citizen on dives cause it's big and easy to read. The pulsar sees more pool time.

citizen_04934.jpg Citizen Eco-Drive round $350 from Scubastore.com. This is the titanium version its very nice, but it is kind of large.
[h=1]Citizen Promaster Eco-Drive BJ8044-01E[/h]
Sorry couldn't get a larger photo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom