dive watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey!

I've been thinking about buying a Dive watch but I don't know a lot about them like what they should be able to do and what is a good price for one and so on.

Does anyone know a good watch?
or do you have any other tips?

How is this a vintage diving question? Are you looking specifically for a watch made between 1945 and 1975?

How about an Aquadive (semi) electronic with depth gauge.
From the early 70's....kinda rare and pricey....perfect.

I've got a couple and just last night ordered a DOXA 750t GMT. I've also got a Sinn U2 and Omega SMP. I assume that you're talking about a traditional watch with rotating bezel.

I've got a couple and just last night ordered a DOXA 750t GMT. I've also got a Sinn U2 and Omega SMP. I assume that you're talking about a traditional watch with rotating bezel.

Ah the Doxa, the Bentley of watches.

Although it's not vintage, Rolex Submariners, Sea Dwellers, and Deep Sea Watches are all perfect for diving, however if your looking on the computer watch side I would go with a Dive Rite Nitek Plus....

How is this a vintage diving question?

Sometimes, and this may not be the case here, I like to get the opinion of the more experienced members as they've been around long enough to understand the difference between Fad and Fiction.
Not all watches are created equal and I know the older ones...some of them older than a lot of the readers on this forum, are wonderful time pieces.
When I was looking for my FIRST computer, I asked the guys here in vintage but no where else. Why? because most of you understand bifocals LOL.

I asked the guys here in vintage but no where else. Why? because most of you understand bifocals LOL.

All of us are vintage divers and some of us are vintage, vintage divers. I fit in the latter category.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom