Dive watch band sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnbone

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I searched for an answer to my question, but no dice.

My wife just bought me a very nice dive watch, but the band is too big and I have big wrists. The question, should I leave the band big so it fits over my wetsuit or have it sized to my wrist?

Thanks.

Beings that dive watches are mostly jewelry anymore, I would size it to your wrist and wear your computers underwater.

I fully intended to dive with it. I understand what you're saying and your point does have merit. Thank you.

The problem with watch bands is that if one of the pins fails you've lost the watch. Use a velcro strap that goes through both pins instead.

You could size it for your "Big Wrists" and then get one of these Watch Band Extender - Northeast Scuba Supply Store to use when diving.

I have never used one, but it should work. It will come down to if you will wear the watch more when wet or dry. You can use the watch for diving tables, or just get a computer and have it calculate on the fly.

My dive watch, a Tag Heuer Aquaracer, as well as many other higher end dive watches, has an extra hinged section on the band that lays under the clasp, and can be opened when wearing on top of the wetsuit cuff. It works very well and avoids having to do anything with the band other than open the clasp and rotate the extra section from under the band. Of course, like with most watches, pins are involved on the band/clasp, and they should be checked periodically and replaced if necessary. Check the watch band just as you should check the rest of your dive gear. Personally, I keep my band sized to fit my wrist and pull the wetsuit cuff over my watch to give the watch a little more protection, especially since I primarily use it as a backup time device for my computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom