Dive Valhalla December 2, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
It's that time of year again!
We are going to Valhalla Missile Silo!

Dive the Valhalla Missile Silo !
December 2, 2006 10AM-4PM

Surface Interval Scuba is putting together a trip from the dive shop to the Silo. Cost is $55 for unlimited diving. There is not an air fill station out there for air fills so you will need to bring as many tanks you want to dive. We will have extra tanks that will cost $5.00 if you want to some more diving but don't have enough air. The water temp is normally about 60 degrees so a minimum of a 5mil with hood gloves will be necessary. We are offering half price rentals for the day if you need a cold water wetsuit, hood gloves, weight, BCD, Regulator, computers, etc. Payment is due by October 30, 2006. We will provide snacks ( Little Debbie cakes, Peanuts, Trail mix, Cookies, Sodas, water, etc.) A tent, some chairs, but bring your own if you can. This is a fun trip that is really made better by convoying out in trucks, cars and motorcycles. The SI Scuba Club MC has officially formed now so if you want to brave the cold and ride your motorcycle there will be a few of us who will do the same. A trailer will be available to haul gear .

http://www.siscuba.com/Dive Valhalla Missile Silo.htm

How many people can dive in this thing at a time? I have some College Station folks that might be interested in attending. Are there any openings left?

We normally limit it to 12 and dive in two groups of 6. I have 4 spots open at this time. Thanks for asking!

Yep and RAN to the bank to cash it. Thank you.

Here is the list so far for diving:

December 2, 2006 Dive Valhalla
Staff/DMC
Dave I/paid
Troy/paid
Debra/paid
Adam
Garret ??
Chuck- Altitude Instructor
Customers
John Richerson/paid
Tom Salmi/paid
Frank Poye/paid

3 spots available - Could be more spots if someone comes along and wants to take my or Troy's place and we will just be surface support, cook, etc.

Would love to go, but I'm working on the 2nd. :(

Last year I took some photos and a bit of video. The Pics were fine but I did a lousy job of filming the place. I'll try and do a better job this year.

I have a better Camera thats for sure but I was wanting to capture the general feeling of the place with the dive there the location at the wind farm, the stairs down and the climb out along with some of the dive too. I'm under equiped for all of that but I'm going to try :D . (Yes I know it's been done already)
I don't have an underwater video camera. Is anybody set up with one that is coming ??

Oh yea... Can Ya'll just let me sleep in the SI Trailer on the the way up and back ?? It would be so nice since it looks like I'm going to have to haul all of my own gear 'Again" this year !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom