Dive Truck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul, Have you guys taken delivery of the truck? How is it working out for you? Any chance you can email me the specs? We are looking to replace our 35 year old truck within the next year. Email: jencks23@yahoo.com

Paul, Have you guys taken delivery of the truck? How is it working out for you? Any chance you can email me the specs? We are looking to replace our 35 year old truck within the next year. Email: jencks23@yahoo.com

I had inquired Paul via e-mail a few weeks ago and found out that their funding was pulled and the vehicle was never built.

Dan

Our department got us a current model ambulance from the fire department. With a little modification (took us one 12-hour training day), it's perfect. Space for 4-5 divers to set up gear (and the bench could be modified to include boat style straps, so gear could be set up and waiting). Under the bench, we installed a 12g washdown system with two spray hoses. Air conditions changing area, communications, and power supply all in one.

It pays to play nice with your neighbors.

Talk about timing…we had a meeting today about “the truck.” The money reappeared and two command staffers are going to MBF this week for the final build meeting. Hopefully they stick to our plans (thanks for the help Boater Dan) and call us if there are any questions. Target delivery is December. Now if we only had a boat…

Paul:

Glad to hear that they have approved moving forward. Look forward to seeing the results. Glad to be of assistance.

Dan

Glad to hear that your funding was restored, can't wait to see the finished product. We are hoping to replace our truck within the next year. All in all she's been a good truck just to small for us. Here's a before and after pic:

Attachments

• divetruck 004.jpg
    divetruck 004.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 302
  • divetrkklhff 003.jpg
    divetrkklhff 003.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 301
It exists! Delivery is to be sometime mid-November to mid-December. The looming question is who will put the first dent in it...

Attachments

• 000_5123.jpg
    000_5123.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 342
  • 000_5125.jpg
    000_5125.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 325
  • 000_5126.jpg
    000_5126.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 284
  • 000_5127.jpg
    000_5127.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 321
Has anybody had a dive truck manufactured by MBF Industries out of Sanford, FL? If so, how was your experience?
Our department is using them to build new SCUBA, SWAT, and Bomb Squad trucks (sounds like we awarded one hell of a grant). The company seems to be very easy to deal with while we design this 33' monster.

We have a Mobile Communications/Command Post built by MBF and it is the best vehicle of its kind. MBF worked very closely with us to design and build it and continues to support us in maint. They build a solid truck with many included items that are options with other companies. We viewed several vehicles and manufacturers prior to our selection of MBF and they clearly were the best. At their plant we saw not only our truck being built but also many others. They will do you a good job. Well worth the money.

We have a very rural unit, We had a command vehicle, and an ambulance that was donated to us, I dont know who built them... and not the point really, I would like to see the lay out of the vehicle, there has been some discussion on the board about ppls trailers/vehicles and what is reasonably "fit" in them. We have pulled away from the self propelled models (not sure if that is the correct term for a psd forum or maybe its the farmer coming out in me lol) and gone to pulling trailers, We had a ton of issues mainaining the vehicles, it can be 6-8 months before our command unit would be called out and then the battery would be dead, or someone didnt fuel it up etc... ambulance was the same story, with a trailer any Joe Diver that passes the court house can hook to our trailer en route to responding. I know all this can be avoided by regular rig checks, but we are not a fire dept. and not on paid call, we are purely volunteer and it takes plenty time for a couple ppl to just make sure the cascade system stays full let alone be shade tree mechanics on our equipment... Again, not bad mouthing self propelled vs trailers, but they didnt work for us. I am genuinly interested to see how they manage the limited space available on these units, always looking for better ideas to help with our out fit
Thanks,
Clay
Diver4B@yahoo.com

In 2007 we purchased a 2006 Wells Cargo 20' Toy Hauler. We had the dealer strip out the sofas/beds and spray the floor and the lower half of the walls with a bed liner material. They installed a drain in the floor so we can simply hose out the trailer after a call. The dealer installed a cargo rail system on each wall which we have incorporated our shelves and racks to fit and be totally removable for cleaning. We retained the kitchen/bathroom and have added a 5500 watt generator and flood lights.

The guys on the team with welding experience made racks for BCDs and drysuits along with a shelf unit for personal/team gear. Each member has one tub to live out of, which we found to be more than enough room.

We tow this with a dedicated 2006 Chevy 4X4 HD2500 pickup.

We have a retired Rescue truck from a local fire department which now handles the tanks, weights and other assorted gear. It will be outfitted with a portable Bauer compressor in Jan. of 2011.

We were able to get the trailer, pull vehicle and Rescue for under 50k total. We have a 20 year service life on the trailer and will be replacing the pull vehicle every 7-8 years.

Below is a link to pics of the pull vehicle and trailer.

Dive Team Trailer...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom