Dive Trip to Philippines in Oct 12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would recommend Asia Divers or Atlantis Dive Center in PG, looking for a recommended place myself for Anilao, I plan to go there in late October. Club Ocellaris are difficult to contact.

Sure, I will take a look at Asia & Atlantis. :)

In Puerto Galera I'd recommend Asia Divers. In Anilao, Club Ocellaris.

I've not lived in the Philippines but I have spent a total of almost 4 months on 6 different trips, diving the Philippines averaging 30-35 dives per trip :)

I've heard good things about Big Apple as well, although my personal recommendation in PG is Asia Divers. I've been to PG twice. Once in 2007 and again in 2008. Great diving there and some of the best variety you will find in the Philippines. Asia Divers website is: Scuba diving - Philippines. El Galleon beach resort. I've already mentioned Club Ocellaris in Anilao. I dived with them in 2008 during the same trip that I dived PG. They are not the cheapest. They really cater to the serious underwater photographer. Some of the best macro opportunities you will find anywhere according to no less an authority than Roger Steen. Club Ocellaris website is: Club Ocellaris - Just another WordPress weblog

Hopefully I've given you a few things to think about. Take a look at the different links. Hopefully they will help you decide where you'd like to dive. I think you'll have fun no matter where you go though :)

Bill22, that's a real mega post! This helps me a lot on my planning for this and other trips too, thanks mate!!!

ac:
In PG dive with Big Apple. I lived in the PH for over a year. I'd skip Coron, the water is really dirty and the wrecks are pretty much empty. Go dive on Bohol or go to Apo Island and stay at Liberty's. Apo Island is hard to beat.

Didn't know what about Coron. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm at Club Ocellaris right now, after a four day visit. Because this was squeezed in during a work trip, I liked the idea that for Anilao one can connect back to Manila by car with no worries about weather halting ferry runs over to Puerto Galera. This is my second trip to Club O, and not my last! Great time...

Great to hear that Altaskier. Thanks for your recommendations.

In Anilao I recommend Crystal Blue Resort. Its a nice upscale resort with good food and great diving. Contact Mike Bartick at Saltwaterphoto@live.com he represents the resort and can offer you good advice about diving around the phil

Thanks Kenr, I will contact Mike for more details. Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom