Dive Trip Blue Hole East Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hawkeye Mark

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yesterday 20 divers from CHUM spent all day diving the Blue Hole which is a old quarry about 20 miles north of Woodville near Zavalla Texas. Its about 10 miles off Hwy 69 near the Angelina National Forest and about a 3 hour dive from Houston. The Blue Hole is on private property and we had to get permission from the landowners to dive there and sign waivers. The facility is locked. The owners wanted us to survey it and check what was on the bottom. If it had ever been dived it was fairly minimal in the past

The Blue Hole was fairly large and bigger than Lagoon 1 at the Blue Lagoon. Max depth we found was about 43 ft. As with the lagoon the ph content is too high to support marine life. visibility was around 20-30 ft. Urban legend had a railroad car on the bottom. Thats all it was was legend. We did find a golf cart and a paddle boat and all sorts of trash including lots of shell casings beer bottles a battery.

All in all an interesting day. Others who went are welcome to chime in.

The guy who organized this had to talk to the owners for awhile before we were allowed to do it. Other people/groups. I have no idea of the chances of that happening. We just didnt get to just dive there. We had to do something in return.

Could you possibly email and tell me who owns the blue hole and how I can get in contact with the owners? I would really like to *attempt* to get permission to go out there and take (professional) pictures. After your post, I realize now that it might not be nearly as easy as it seems. They're probably jaded on years of teenagers sneaking in to party and trash up the place.

My email address is melonemmah@yahoo.com and you can also contact me through facebook www .facebook .com / nemmah (no spaces) - my phone number is listed on my profile, as well.

I'd appreciate your help. :) I'm young, but I promise I'm not one of those crazy teenagers.

-Emma

i would hate to break it to yall but its on veron school hunting club and thats no tolernce allowed u can possibly get shot at

If they had permission from the land owners they were there legally. No hunter should take shots at suspected trespassers but call a game warden or sheriff.

We may attempt to do a repeat this summer. If I hear of anything I will advise. By the way no one shot at us. One of the owners and his family were actually out there swimming when we were there.

Hey, my name is zak mcdonald.
I'm part of the lufkin high school robotics team. our team has been needing to do alot of community service jobs. part of a good community service act would be to clean up a trashed area to help out wild life, that area is even a bird sanctuary.
can you please send me the owners contact info, so a few older member of the team and a mentor can start on what looks like to be a great community service job!
Here is my email: zakthemac@yahoo.com

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom