Dive training & shop in Prince George, BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KrisB

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everybody,

I'm moving back to Prince George in August to attend UNBC. I'll be starting up a dive business there -- at very least doing training from introductory dives right up through assistant instructor, and perhaps helping to reincarnate the only dive shop I've known to exist in the city.

I'll also be looking to provide first aid training -- both lay-level CPR & first aid through Emergency First Response and dive-specific first aid through Divers Alert Network (DAN). Between that and some pool time, it'll keep us all blowing (or at least thinking) bubbles through the winter!

I'd like to get a sense of interest -- who's in PG (and area)? What products and services can I offer to encourage you to shop local? What is the main reason you see for seeking these elsewhere (aside from availability)?

I'd very much like to see the diving community flourish in the area -- please help me help you! :D

Cheers,

Kris Benson
PADI IDC Staff Instructor

hey kris,
my name is craig and im living in pg , and looking in getting into scuba diving, i seen ur ad on here and would like to take some lessons can u get back to me on this and how much it will cost etc.? my email is craigedgars@hotmail.com thank you for your time

kris,
are you done on maui? would like to dive with you again.
Hey Matt!

Yeah, I moved back to Canada last week. I'm going to school for an MBA starting Monday... but will certainly be visiting Maui! In fact, I'm already planning a trip Oct 29-Nov 10. Want to dive then?

Kris,
Glad to hear about your business plans. Best of luck to you. I'm on temporary duty in Iraq at the moment. Will be back on Maui in late Nov. We'll hook up eventually. Not much diving out here in the desert.
Matt
Bummer man! I thought you were through with the Iraq stuff, and that's part of why you became an instructor! I might be back on Maui for some time in the spring... not sure yet.

hello kris! im extremely new to scuba! i was just wondering if u were still offering diving lessons? im looking into taking a trip to the caribbean where my friend works, and she insisted on me taking some diving lessons! there are some available down there but i think it would be easier to learn here before i go! plz email me with any info :)
princess_melissa12@hotmail.com

Hi Kris, I actually sent you an email. I am originally from PG and have been gone for 10 years. I am considering moving back come September to be closer to family. Wondering if you could reccommend some possible dive work in PG. I completed my IDC in May 2010 and in Mexico right now travelling and diving. I am looking for contacts/work/diving in and around PG. Look forward to hearing what you say :) Thanks Catherine

Hi everybody,

I'm moving back to Prince George in August to attend UNBC. I'll be starting up a dive business there -- at very least doing training from introductory dives right up through assistant instructor, and perhaps helping to reincarnate the only dive shop I've known to exist in the city.

I'll also be looking to provide first aid training -- both lay-level CPR & first aid through Emergency First Response and dive-specific first aid through Divers Alert Network (DAN). Between that and some pool time, it'll keep us all blowing (or at least thinking) bubbles through the winter!

I'd like to get a sense of interest -- who's in PG (and area)? What products and services can I offer to encourage you to shop local? What is the main reason you see for seeking these elsewhere (aside from availability)?

I'd very much like to see the diving community flourish in the area -- please help me help you! :D

Cheers,

Kris Benson
PADI IDC Staff Instructor
Hi Kris
Not sure how old your post is or if you are still in PG. I have done a half dozen dives in Mexico in the last few years. I am getting tired of doing the yearly 'pool-dives' and would like to get certified to avoid it. Are you still offering certification in PG?

thank you
rick f

hey Kris - i sent you email at your "simple" address last week...
~m

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom