Dive Texoma March 8th!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner,

The phrase "you can't miss it." is one of those that makes me nervous any time I hear it...

How 'bout if I stand at the top and toss my gear down to you?

We'll discuss all that at the site. If you are willing to make the toss I will to be there and make the catch.
I would not argue with anybody that can make a throw like that.

I guess you must work out huh ?...... Cool !! :D

Seriously though.. it is a hell of a set of Rail Road Tie Steps down and back up.

Like I said BYOB :wink:

Crazy Texas weather!!

I don't think it is so much crazy Texas weather as it is crazy Texas weather forecasters!

This is what our house looks like right now!!!!!! The first was taken standing on my front porch, the second two are of the backyard. Kory is still stuck on 131, and can't get home. He's not stuck literally, but traffic isn't moving at all. Since the high tomorrow is only supposed to be 36, I don't know if the steps at Eisenhower will be clean by Saturday morning or not! We can either change locations, cancel, or go for it! What does everyone else think?

There aren't any Texans making fun of our snow shovel now, are there!?!:rofl3:

Rhonda:D

DSC03388Small.jpg

DSC03389Small.jpg

DSC03390Small.jpg

I can't make ESP on Sat. anyways good or bad weather.....so heading to CSSP on Sunday with richerso for a few dips....anyone welcome to join us.

GREAT wintery pictures!!!!

I can't make ESP on Sat. anyways good or bad weather.....so heading to CSSP on Sunday with richerso for a few dips....anyone welcome to join us.

GREAT wintery pictures!!!!
Will that be AM?

Kunk35 is officially cancelling. I repeat KUNK35 is cancelling, NOT me.:(

He says there is no way those steps will be passable in scuba gear by Saturday morning. I mentioned changing to Murray, but we really hadn't planned on going that far, and they probably had some weather too. :sad2:

We can reschedule for another time, I don't know when. Next weekend, I'm leaving for Missouri, but maybe Kory can go.

Rhonda

Hey Great Pics Rhonda !
Except ... Well .... that means I'm really going to get slammed here in Paris too.
I expect about 5-6 inches here before tomorrow morning.

I bet the roads will be ok by Saturday morning but who knows.
I bet the starrs at ESP will be covered with snow still.
I bet it would be a crazy down and back

Cool !! :D I've been waiting to pull out my old crampons form my ice climbing days.

I'd still be up for it should things trend towards having not much ice on the roads.
My Tacoma is 4WD.
I mean... I can get there to ESP ... if I can't make it back to the parking area because of the ice on the roads then that would be very unusual. That is a twisty and in someplaces steep road though.

Shoot... we could always just bail and go have Mexican food :eyebrow:

I'd vote to wait and see whats happening by tomorrow afternoon or even early Saturday morning and make a call on it. :wink:

Will that be AM?

That will be am-ish. I say about 10am but Tex may want to vote for 9am. I don't know. Some time around there on Sunday.

That will be am-ish. I say about 10am but Tex may want to vote for 9am. I don't know. Some time around there on Sunday.

10amish works for me....I know you need your sleep. :D

Hey Great Pics Rhonda !
Except ... Well .... that means I'm really going to get slammed here in Paris too.
I expect about 5-6 inches here before tomorrow morning.

I bet the roads will be ok by Saturday morning but who knows.
I bet the starrs at ESP will be covered with snow still.
I bet it would be a crazy down and back

Cool !! :D I've been waiting to pull out my old crampons form my ice climbing days.

I'd still be up for it should things trend towards having not much ice on the roads.
My Tacoma is 4WD.
I mean... I can get there to ESP ... if I can't make it back to the parking area because of the ice on the roads then that would be very unusual. That is a twisty and in someplaces steep road though.

Shoot... we could always just bail and go have Mexican food :eyebrow:

I'd vote to wait and see whats happening by tomorrow afternoon or even early Saturday morning and make a call on it. :wink:

I could promise to be less grouchy, and maybe get Kory to think about it! We weren't worried about the roads, just the steps up and down with tanks on our backs. The high does say 44 for tomorrow now, but those steps don't get any sun at all. If anything, I think it will melt a little, then freeze again, and be really slick Saturday morning. I'm sure we could always be talked into eating mexican food! :wink:

Rhonda

Back
Top Bottom