Dive Texoma March 8th!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YellowfinKunkfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Okay, I am having SERIOUS dive withdrawel. I got in the pool last weekend to work on some kicks, and didn't want to get out!! I've decided that I don't care how cold it is, my extremities can all freeze off for all I care, I'm getting in the water. Kory has agreed to go along with me!
So, anyone that wants to dive cold, Texoma waters at Eisenhower park, (the swim beach) we will be out there on the 8th. Rain or shine, cold or not. :D

Rhonda

That sounds fun !

Hope the Amish are out in full force....that climb back up is a killer! :crafty:

I think I'm in, never been there yet.

Gotta find out if the work place will need me.

Besides, just ordered some new inner garments for the old dry suit - gotta try them out.

A couple of questions, since I've never been there:

1. How far should I expect to walk in gear to get to the water?

2. What kind of depth are we talking?

3. Viz and temp is nice to know, but in TX lakes if it's over 1 foot and 40 degrees, it'll be fine.

Helps me plan what to bring...

Okay, I am having SERIOUS dive withdrawel. I got in the pool last weekend to work on some kicks, and didn't want to get out!! I've decided that I don't care how cold it is, my extremities can all freeze off for all I care, I'm getting in the water. Kory has agreed to go along with me!
So, anyone that wants to dive cold, Texoma waters at Eisenhower park, (the swim beach) we will be out there on the 8th. Rain or shine, cold or not. :D

Rhonda

Whatever happened to that drysuit that Kory was going to buy you?

Pearldiver07: I'm not sure how far it is exactly from the parking lot to the water, but it's the steps getting down to the water, and then back up to the parking lot that will be the killer. I've gone up and down those steps with two loaded beach bags, and a small child attached to my hand, I figure it can't be much worse with a tank on my back. :wink: They are pretty steep in places, and irregular. As far as depth goes, Kory says where we will be will be no more than 60 feet. Vis will probably be about 2-3 feet, can't really say about the temp, but figure it will run about what Lake Murray is right now, which I think is still about 45 degrees. Hope that helps!

ZzzKing: He bought me a new treadmill instead!:D

And yes, I did shamelessly try to tempt TwoBitTxn with brownies!:blinking:

Rhonda

Pearldiver07: I'm not sure how far it is exactly from the parking lot to the water, but it's the steps getting down to the water, and then back up to the parking lot that will be the killer. I've gone up and down those steps with two loaded beach bags, and a small child attached to my hand, I figure it can't be much worse with a tank on my back. :wink: Rhonda

I guess it'll be like "1000 steps" in Bonaire.

I'll do my best to be there. Figure mid-morning "ish"

Looking forward to meeting you, I loooove your avatar by the way, where did you find it?

Rhonda

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom