Pop-up urchin dive October 8th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Seal’s Watersports Dive Shop has asked me if I could do an urchin collection dive on October 8th at Stillwater Cove, and I said sure no problem. That date would be good to give people blown out by the weather for this weekends Caspar urchin crushing dive a chance to help out and get in the water.
So, we’re planning an additional dive at Stillwater Cove on October 8th, and the October 15th dive is also still on. That’s all sorts of diving opportunities for you guys!! And the kelp lady will also love it ❤️
Read the October 15th dive details regarding what you need, etc.
The gathering time will be 9:00 AM at the picnic tables at Stillwater Cove.
Write these dates down and don’t forget!
October 8th, and October 15th.
Cheers!

Our dive went great!
We removed 860 lbs. of invasive purple urchins!
Only about 100,000 more lbs. to go.
Some shots of the day:
IMG_0904.jpeg

IMG_0898.jpeg

IMG_0900.jpeg

I also just bought a DGX 30# wing, it was nice, I like it.
But I also did a wingless dive and that was great too!
IMG_0897.jpeg
IMG_0896.jpeg

Wow that looks like a great time.

Hello everyone,
You can follow our teams progress regarding the purple urchin diving on Instagram @p.u.r.p_707
I set up a page with photos and info. Next might be a facebook page, and you can also subscribe to Seal’s Watersports email list at www.sealswatersports.com. They will post all upcoming urchin dives on their fun dive page.

I love scubaboard to death but it’s just not generating the results I was hoping for as far as local awareness and participation. I only have so much time to dedicate to social media otherwise it becomes a time suck and I get nothing done. Being self employed this can be dangerous.
So, I’m going to have to concentrate my social media efforts in other venues where it counts and unfortunately scubaboard isn’t it.
If you’re local and reading this and want to help you can always contact me directly at:
ericsedletzky at yahoo dot com
Or call or text me (707) 318-2577
Thank you so much!
Eric

Back
Top Bottom