Dive shop recommendation in Singapore needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterwabbit

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good dive equipment retailer in Singapore? I'm looking to buy a BC and Reg and some accessories. Have already visited: Oceanic, Richmond's, Worldsports, and Sea-Land. Are there any others I should check out???

waterwabbit:
Can anyone recommend a good dive equipment retailer in Singapore? I'm looking to buy a BC and Reg and some accessories. Have already visited: Oceanic, Richmond's, Worldsports, and Sea-Land. Are there any others I should check out???

You can try the 3 shops in the basement of Lucky Plaza on Orchard Road. However don't forget that some bargaining is required...

waterwabbit:

i hear B&J on Tioman Island is replacing their equipment. if you plan to catch some dive before the season ends - try them. and as of 3 weeks ago they had brand new apeks tx50's going for ~ USD 250

@lanun

how are they selling. on the net or only on tioman? pity they're doing it now though, i'm not going before january. too bad lah.

I feel like I've done my research. I tried all 3 in Lucky Plaza, but I guess I didn't find what I was looking for. I didn't ask for Charlie at Paris, but I asked one guy to put a package together for me and he gave me a blank stare. I told him I needed a BC and reg, octo, gauges and etc. but he couldn't recommend how to put anything together, unless I knew exactly what brands and items I wanted. Not very helpful.

The other 2 had ok deals on Beuchat and Sherwood equipment, but I decided wasn't for me.

I was just at B&J's in tioman, and maybe my calculaations are wrong, but I saw the regs and I think they were almost $400 U.S. Perhaps, I used the wrong exchange rate. They were very nice.

Have decided to probably go with Oceanic equipment. Any thoughts?

waterwabbit:
I feel like I've done my research. I tried all 3 in Lucky Plaza, but I guess I didn't find what I was looking for. I didn't ask for Charlie at Paris, but I asked one guy to put a package together for me and he gave me a blank stare. I told him I needed a BC and reg, octo, gauges and etc. but he couldn't recommend how to put anything together, unless I knew exactly what brands and items I wanted. Not very helpful.

The other 2 had ok deals on Beuchat and Sherwood equipment, but I decided wasn't for me.

I was just at B&J's in tioman, and maybe my calculaations are wrong, but I saw the regs and I think they were almost $400 U.S. Perhaps, I used the wrong exchange rate. They were very nice.

Have decided to probably go with Oceanic equipment. Any thoughts?

Hi there! Am not sure if you have purchased your desired equipment yet, but have a check at EKO Asia Pacific too. The folks in there may be able to share some suggestions and recommendations. Check them out @ www.eko-apac.com Enjoy!

I highly recommend Scubapro although I totally dislike Richmond, I have had no choice but to purchase from them coz I am Singaporean.

Go with Scubapro as it's widely used around the world and it's easy to get service anywhere else. Like my last trip to the Maldives, the instructor had full tools there to service any scuba pro reg if we had any problems. It's also hardly and reliable.

Jazz

waterwabbit:

I would recommend you Divemaster Pratama and look for T.K. Chua. I bought my BCD, Reg, force fin & Air Source from there.

Back
Top Bottom