Dive Rite Transpac II VS. Halcyon BC

• Halcyon offers more in a BC

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Dive Rite offers more in a BC

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The bladders that are within the codura shell and you will see the difference. That is what I mean by more to offer.

Iguana Don once bubbled...
The bladders that are within the codura shell and you will see the difference. That is what I mean by more to offer.
You have a documented bladder problem with a Dive-Rite wing? Or are you just implying that there ought to be one?
Rick

Experience with a Dive Rite Wing at all. I just compared the 2 side by side and made my choice.

The Dive Rite is made out of water bladder material. The Halcyon is made out of the same fabric that a Zodiac is made out of.
Any "old" wreck diver will tell you that you have to line your wing with inner tube in order to protect the water bladder material inside a Dive Rite.

Not trying to start an argument, just stating facts.

Iguana Don once bubbled...
Any "old" wreck diver will tell you that you have to line your wing with inner tube in order to protect the water bladder material
Glad to know you don't consider me old.
Some do.
Rick :)

Just because you were a test pilot for the Spads and Sopwiths doesn't make you old........does it?

jonscubas once bubbled...

I do like Halcyon's wing cause it's thin, but the Transpac II rocks, its a bit hard to configure at first, but once I got my setup, its just badass!

I agree that the Transpac II "rocks" but I think the Halcyon is more "badass". When I toss the OMS gear in the mix I find that their system is "gnarley" even though most of my friends find it "sick".

So I guess my question is this. If I feel like moving from my Knighthawk which at one time I thought was "fresh" but now find it "trippin" because I like back inflate but also like a usable pocket, should I go for "badass" and the inherant simplicity of "badass". Should I opt for a BP/Wing that "rocks" and all of the advantages that a "rocking" system has.

I would like the opinion of the tech divers on what manufacturer they consider "rager" OMS, Dive Rite, or Halcyon. I heard about someone that was doing a BP in brass...I think that's totally "tight".

I have been having a few problems with my position in the water now that I have an LP 95 tank...I am floating more feet up than I want to. Which of the BP/Wings are more "b_tchin" with respect to adjustment of the tank position or weight distribution. And what should be my biggest concern regarding the wing design itself. Should I be concerned about "wicked" or "smokin" bladder construction or are "wicked" and "smokin" simply two sides of the same coin?

Mouth Breather,

Your post is hysterical:)

A BP in brass, chrome plated I hope. How about titanium?

rock on

Back
Top Bottom