Dive Rite Sliding D Rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A little late on this, but I remembered this thread from when I first bought these D rings.

First, they come machined with sharp edges. I came away with several cuts on the hands the first time I used them. I had to grind the edges, then buff them out to fix this. This was not bad machining, they are engineered this way.

I've now used them with drysuit, LP85 with nitrox, lp108s with trimix. Up to 4 stage/deco bottles in fresh water. And with wetsuit AL80s and two deco bottles in salt water.

As you have to completely remove the tank weight to move them, they can be a little difficult with heavy tanks. Overall I have found them to be the most reliably adjustable D rings I have used.

A little late on this, but I remembered this thread from when I first bought these D rings.

First, they come machined with sharp edges. I came away with several cuts on the hands the first time I used them. I had to grind the edges, then buff them out to fix this. This was not bad machining, they are engineered this way.

I've now used them with drysuit, LP85 with nitrox, lp108s with trimix. Up to 4 stage/deco bottles in fresh water. And with wetsuit AL80s and two deco bottles in salt water.

As you have to completely remove the tank weight to move them, they can be a little difficult with heavy tanks. Overall I have found them to be the most reliably adjustable D rings I have used.
I have to agree with you, the Dive Rite sliding D rings are the most reliable. I have since moved back to using 2 fixed D rings with AL80's, just easier for me when the tanks get light to unclip and move to the front D rings.

Instead of the sliding D-Rings, I use heavy 1 5/8" rubber O-Rings. I'll splash with the tanks snapped to the door handles, but then move the boltsnaps to the O-Rings. The rubber is strong enough to climb ladders, but a bit difficult to unsnap from them with the ring stretched.

Reporting in late, but, love the Dive Rite sliding D rings. They're slim, they're movable, they stay in place, and they're better than the other products I've seen with knurled rollers and triglides. They really helped me trim out my alu80's after buoyancy develops. Very intuitive. When you stop feeling your thighs hit the tanks on each kick then you know it's time to pull them down again until you do.

Reporting in late, but, love the Dive Rite sliding D rings. They're slim, they're movable, they stay in place, and they're better than the other products I've seen with knurled rollers and triglides. They really helped me trim out my alu80's after buoyancy develops. Very intuitive. When you stop feeling your thighs hit the tanks on each kick then you know it's time to pull them down again until you do.
Update after new wing purchase, fixed Drings on a 2piece Y-harness is much nicer than sliding D's.

Update after new wing purchase, fixed Drings on a 2piece Y-harness is much nicer than sliding D's.
Aaaand I’m back to this D ring on the same harness. Dunno what you got till it’s gone 🥲

I recently switched to Audrey Cudel's Nano-slides, and I'm loving them. The Dive Rite ones were chewing up my webbing. Definitely pricey to get the Nano-slides shipped from Malta, but they've been great with AL80s in warm water and HP100s in the cold. Big fan.

I recently switched to Audrey Cudel's Nano-slides, and I'm loving them. The Dive Rite ones were chewing up my webbing. Definitely pricey to get the Nano-slides shipped from Malta, but they've been great with AL80s in warm water and HP100s in the cold. Big fan.
That is the fanciest and most uniquely engineered D ring I’ve come across lol. Thanks for sharing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom