Dive-Rite fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer:
What are your thoughts on these fins? Anyone have experience with them?

Thanks.

I have used my mine for over year and a half. I would have to say they are good fins not great fins only because they are not the most comfortable. Make sure you buy them with the spring heel. The fins perform exceptional in caves because they are pretty stiff. If your doing open water I would adivse you not to wear these fins.

I bought them last year and use them on all my cold-water dives. I needed something bigger for my Bare 6mm Ice Boots and now with my drysuit Trek boots. They are solid, stiff fins and the springstraps work great. They are a bit longer but yet thinner than the Jets or Turtles common to drysuit divers. I've had no problem doing all sorts of kicks in them, including frog and modified flutter. They will generate a good bit of thrust, but having strong legs is important as they are stiff. I'm a runner so not a big deal to me, but they would be too stiff for most people. If you have very strong legs they should be no problem for you.

Fish_Whisperer:
Okay... Why not with open water? I have very strong legs...
For some reason when I was diving in the ocean I experienced an unusual amount of cramping and I have very strong legs, I have played soccer for over 20 years. I thought maybe it was my kicking so I tried my other fins (Mares Quattro) and no cramps. For caves and caverns I use my DR fins. I have another friend who experienced the same thing.

Fish_Whisperer:
Cool. Thanks, Rico. Until now, I've used a set of very stiff Cressi fins.
I was looking at your pics at the Speigel Grove and that is where I experienced my cramping. My opinion is they are to short and stiff for open water. On cave diver forum someone is selling a brand new pair for $100 size L. What kind of diving do you do?

Fish_Whisperer:
Mostly open water, not a lot of overhead environments. Drift diving in Cozumel, quarry diving locally and in Florida...
I work part time at Divers Supply and I would never sell DR fins for open water. The spring heels are great but you can buy those separate and install them yourself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom