Dive Rite EXP Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldwaterlloyd

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got a pair of Dive Rite EXP XL Fins today .
04.gif

Been interested in them for a while . They seem like good quality .
icosm14.gif

Big disapointment ... Made in China ??? :shocked2::shocked2: OK , I will keep an open mind but I wish this stuff was still made in North America or Europe where there are a few quality standards .

These fins better knock me out or they will not be in the collection long . I try to buy nothing Made in China . A lot of times there are no other choices and the quality is as low as you can go . Not my dive gear .... please :depressed:

I think the EXP fin was just replaced by the Dive Rite XT, which updates to a stainless steel buckle. XT Spring Heel Fins by Dive Rite - Dive Gear Express Probably still made in china. That's a fin I'm interested in so let us know how you like them. Also interested in foot pocket size comparisons to other fins you have.

I think your go gin to love them even though they are like most things today made in China. I've had mine now for almost 5 year and the are my primary recreation fin and the one I use when assisting with classes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have not put my Jet Fins on in two years size getting my EXP's. Hundreds of salt water and fresh water cave dives in them now, and I love them still. Just wish the holes in the foot pockets were not there so I could carry water back to the car to wash my boots off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Funny how times change. When I was young anything "Made in Japan" was considered to be of inferior quality.

Funny how times change. When I was young anything "Made in Japan" was considered to be of inferior quality.

That's because decades ago it was.

---------- Post added October 13th, 2013 at 07:33 AM ----------

04.gif

icosm14.gif

Big disapointment ... Made in China ??? :shocked2::shocked2: OK , I will keep an open mind but I wish this stuff was still made in North America or Europe where there are a few quality standards .

These fins better knock me out or they will not be in the collection long . I try to buy nothing Made in China . A lot of times there are no other choices and the quality is as low as you can go . Not my dive gear .... please :depressed:

Being made in China does not automatically mean it's junk. It's more about the company that's out sourcing ensuring that QC is up to scratch. The Chinese will and can make anything to whatever spec you require at whatever cost you want to pay. Look around your house you might be surprised how much of it is made in China. But I hear you re buying locally made, that too is my preference where possible not just for QC reasons but more for supporting local businesses and my local economy.

---------- Post added October 13th, 2013 at 07:36 AM ----------

You could always sell them and buy some Force Fins.

Last edited:

Yes, I remember at the start of the 70s if you bought a Japanese car people would laugh at you. At the start of the 80s if you bought an American car people would laugh at you.

I have not put my Jet Fins on in two years size getting my EXP's. Hundreds of salt water and fresh water cave dives in them now, and I love them still. Just wish the holes in the foot pockets were not there so I could carry water back to the car to wash my boots off.

JB weld fills the hole.

04.gif

icosm14.gif

Meh.

iPhones are made in China. Along with a number of top-brand, top-quality products in electronics, toys, games, lighting, engines, pumps, clothing, footwear and even products from heavy industry, including electric vehicles, etc etc etc. The list is nearly endless.

Being made in China might have meant that it was junk 30 years ago... but these days you'd often be hard pressed to find a North American manufacture that could match, let alone exceed what the Chinese can do.

Don't underestimate them. They're not the world's leading manufacturer of just about anything for no good reason.

I know that won't change your mind but prejudice won't change the facts either.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom