Dive Rite 905 vs Pinnacle Evolution 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll check when I get home and update if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's centered.

Hey Jimmer how did those double 45s work out

We use the 905 for most of our commercial work and have found them to be a better suit than most when it comes to being durable against tearing. I have a closet full of high priced suits that are great but tear easily. The 905 has been the most durable I have used. We are always working around shells and coral and the 905 takes a beating.

We use the 905 for most of our commercial work and have found them to be a better suit than most when it comes to being durable against tearing. I have a closet full of high priced suits that are great but tear easily. The 905 has been the most durable I have used. We are always working around shells and coral and the 905 takes a beating.

have you used the EVO 2? Can you compare the two?

Just curious as I am interested about this question as well.

:zen:

I haven't worn the EVO 2 so I can't honestly compare it myself. The only thing that is troublesome for me is the elastic waist. I work up right with arms overhead and wear a weight harness, that causes the elastic waist on most suits to tend to ride up and eventually has my undergarment pulled tight. That's likely just an isolated problem not experienced by most in normal positions. The main reason I use the 905 is I always have shells and barnacles stuck inbetween the harness and the shoulders of the suit. After working the shells begin to eat away the shoulders and back of the suit. The thick shoulder pads on the outside of the 905 prevent this from happening. The EVO 2 does look like a great suit I may try one and compare.

I haven't worn the EVO 2 so I can't honestly compare it myself. The only thing that is troublesome for me is the elastic waist. I work up right with arms overhead and wear a weight harness, that causes the elastic waist on most suits to tend to ride up and eventually has my undergarment pulled tight. That's likely just an isolated problem not experienced by most in normal positions. The main reason I use the 905 is I always have shells and barnacles stuck inbetween the harness and the shoulders of the suit. After working the shells begin to eat away the shoulders and back of the suit. The thick shoulder pads on the outside of the 905 prevent this from happening. The EVO 2 does look like a great suit I may try one and compare.

Have you had any problems with the seams leaking?

No, I have never had or heard of anybody having problems with leaking seams. I have hung my current 905 on dock planks, nails, oyster shells and numerous times hit it hard with a scraper blade while working. Never had it try to tear. Another great point I like is it is fairly easy to change the neck and wrist seals yourself. This may be true with other suits but I have changed the 905 seals and it's not a big deal if you take your time. You can order a variety of seal's and find one you like. I wear and work in the suit almost everyday. Figuring I pee about four times a day, and the suit is on winter #3 thats close to 500 zip's a year for three years.

Chuck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom