Dive Rite 905 vs Pinnacle Evolution 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

According to my experience as a cave diver.......forghet about pinnacle!
i got 3 semydry and 2 dry and they where falling apart!
my colleague in yucatan penisula had the same problem!
dive rite at least it's dry!

Wow thanks for the insight, do you have the evo 2, how are they falling apart. Are the seams comming apart or the seals ripping or something.

Wow thanks for the insight, do you have the evo 2, how are they falling apart. Are the seams comming apart or the seals ripping or something.
I don't think he knows, he just had to put his negative 2 cents in. Evo2 is a great suit. One of the best i must say. As far as the comparison between Evo 2 and DR 905 is concerned i am familiar with both of them. Both suits are very similarly cut, DiveRite uses a bit lighter material. This is about it. (i would even go further and say that both suits must be made by the same OEM guy... only material used to make the suit panels are different)

If you are looking for super light and durable material get Viking Xtreme. material on Viking is pretty amazing, its hard to describe but i am not afraid to say that its probably the strongest and lightest nylon based laminate used for drysuit construction available today... Viking Xtreme may not be as feature packed as Evo 2 or DiveRite 905, but nevertheless is an excellent suit, it is front entry, material is almost indestructible and EXTREMELY light, and is only a fraction of cost of Evo 2, Diverite or DUI... Looks very cool too. Has nice logo patches on leg and shoulder. http://www.vikingdiving.com/public/media/autoimg/2338_400_750.jpg The only thing against this suit is that pockets are extra, no neoprene neck collar, and almost everyone needs boots swapped because suits already come with the pair of boots installed and not everyone has standard shoe size to hight ratio.

One other suit to consider is Diving Concepts Z-Tech - awesome suit, a bit on the expensive side, but still cheaper than DUI or DiveRite. Also almost everyone needs their boots changed. Some people i know complained about Diving Concepts pockets, so many end up getting this suit with no pockets and then have either Halcyon or Oxycheq, or similar pockets slapped on by their LDS.

On the side note: Buy what you can afford, what your LDS sells, and what you can fit, unless you can afford custom suits. This is my take on this. Sorry for a cliche.

Cheers.

Thank you for the review. I just ordered a Pinnacle Evo rear entry suit from my cavern instructor. It comes in Thursday, so I will be able to see how it is first hand. It seems you cant really go wrong with either Dive Rite or Pinnacle, it seems like the positive reviews far outweigh the negative. The deciding factor for me was price and standard features. I was able to get a good price on the Pinnacle through my instructor, so there really was no question after that.

I've got an almost brand new EVO2 for sale if anyone is interested
Mike from dive right in scuba is selling it on my behalf
Let me know if you're interested.
I think it's a great suit... i just wish i had've got one that fitted me properly to begin with!

hmmm.. first post EVER and its a negative bashing

I don't care what this guy says, The Pinnacle suits are the best suits I have ever used. I have been diving their Seal (3mm wetsuit) for 4 seasons now, its the best fitting and most comfortable suit ever, I love that suit. Now I have just started diving the Evo2 Drysuit this year, I got probably 25 dives on it and the suit was great. It was reasonably easy to get into and out of. I was able to open and close the zipper very easily. Since I have pretty wide shoulders getting my shoulder through took a little fidgetting, but once I figured out a method that worked it was easy enough.

I've got an almost brand new EVO2 for sale if anyone is interested
Mike from dive right in scuba is selling it on my behalf
Let me know if you're interested.
I think it's a great suit... i just wish i had've got one that fitted me properly to begin with!

hmm, what size is it?

any new updates and comparison to the 905?
any leaking problems with evo?

are the boots comfortable with sizing?

I have a front zip 905. This is my first drysuit and my knowledge of them is very limited. I cut the neck seal too large and had to send it in and have the seal replaced before I could ever try it out.

I like the suit and the ease on donning. The fit is nice and it dives great.

It is about 6 months old and has about 50 dives on it. Both of the boots are cracking/tearing at he top front of the boot. I think this is very very bad for a suit that is this new.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom