Dive Rite 905 vs Pinnacle Evolution 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

micklock

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know the differance between the two, is it the 905's has welded seams and the Pinnacle is sewn and the 905 says it has six-ply butyl rubber but the Pinnacle doesn't say? I'm considering buying one (front entry), the Pinnacle is a little less money but if the 905 is better quality I would spend the extra money. Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know the differance between the two, is it the 905's has welded seams and the Pinnacle is sewn and the 905 says it has six-ply butyl rubber but the Pinnacle doesn't say? I'm considering buying one (front entry), the Pinnacle is a little less money but if the 905 is better quality I would spend the extra money. Any help would be appreciated.

It doesn't say on the 905 feature list if it's an all cordura suit or not, at least I didn't find it.

Evo 2 is, and it does not pack light or easy, if that matters to you. I appreciate the extra protection it has and don't care how it packs (I have one).

I love my Evo 2. When I was looking for a dry suit it was the Evo 2 or the 905 or a DUI...but the front zip 905 wasn't out yet, the DUI were nice but I dove an older one and it didnt impress me for the extra money you spend on it and I got a deal on a used Evo 2. Now my used Evo 2 had I think 2 dives on it so it was just barely used, but I can't be happier with it. Now I need to get some better undergarments, but the Evo 2 has kept me happy and dry. I never dove the 905, but just about everything else I use is Dive Rite and I trust that brand if I have to trust any.

I'm interested to know if anyone has tried the new front zip 905 as I am in the same position myself, the LDS sells both and it's between the two of them for me. The EVO 2 gets really good reviews except that the pockets are too small, which I am a bit concerned about. But I have not heard anyone speak up about the new Dive Rite suit..

Any reviews here folks?????

I too am interested in this exact question. My cavern instructor could not speak highly enough about the pinnacle. He did not like the seams on the DR suits. He thought they tended to leak more than stitched from his experiences. He told me that from the shop owners he knows, far fewer pinnacles come back for repairs than anything else.

I would really like to read some more opinions/first hand experiences with both suits.

I have had a 905 for 5 years and love it. It gets alot of abuse form wrecks and dive mastering open water classes. After 5 years of this it still looks new with no leaks.

Hello fellow dry suit diver. I have a pinnacle evo 1 I bought after being open water cert in November 2006. I have about 57 dives on it in primarily fresh cold waters in upstate N.Y. I read you were looking for undergarments. Just curious what you chose? I have a pinnacle evo undergarment that is 50% nylon, 40% polyester and 10% acrylic that has worked pretty well for me but there have been times when I got cold.
bearbear

Back
Top Bottom