Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BREAKING: All Sarasota County beaches, including those in the City of Venice, closing to the public at 6 a.m. Saturday, March 21, County officials just announced

Don’t you love that they announced that it wasn’t because of county residents but fear of actions of those coming from countries that had already closed their beaches.

The local governments are now just doing beaches because it's a minuscule economic impact, and it looks like they're doing something.

I can't walk by myself on the sand, but I can go in Frenchys and stand shoulder to shoulder drinking beer with dozens of people......? Sounds legit.

In case anyone is wondering...and to save you the drive... Alhambra St. path to beach is blocked...no entry...can't get near any of the nearby beaches unless you have a boat or live there.

In case anyone is wondering...and to save you the drive... Alhambra St. path to beach is blocked...no entry...can't get near any of the nearby beaches unless you have a boat or live there.
It was announced days ago that all beaches are closed until further notice.

It was announced days ago that all beaches are closed until further notice.[/Yesterday I took a drive looking for access points to the water for diving. I hit all the beaches from Englewood Beach up Manasota, all Venice beaches, Sarasota causeway over to St. Armand's, Lido, the park below Sandcastle Resort, Longboat Key, up to Anna Maria and over the causeway bridge at Holmes Beach. The latter causeway pulloffs are all closed off. Sarasota causeway to St. Armand's had people swimming at the parks and lawn chairs on the sand. Public beaches along Long Key and Anna Maria are closed to traffic but people are on private beaches with their umbrellas and walkways are not blocked off. So it seems to me that if you live in the area up there you can use the beach. You can't even get near Caspersen/Broward...the whole road is shut down except for golf course. Sharkey's, Service Club, Venice...Can't even get near them. South Jetty is closed to traffic. I was curious if it would be possible to walk to the water from end of Alhambra...that's why I checked that out I assume you can dive if you can get to the water somehow. The path is closed up so tight a dog can't get through. People are still walking up and down the beaches. Everywhere, the parking lots are roped off but in some places the beaches are being used. The saying is that all beaches are closed. Some news reports have said that all public beaches are closed but private beaches are open to use of residents. I have read the definition of public beaches and it says all beaches public owned or privately owned are beaches under state authority. It's kind of confusing right now where you are allowed on the beach and where not. I have heard that if you step foot on the beach you are quilty of trespassing yet look at the Englewood webcab on Surfline.com and other cams around the area and you will see people on the beach walking and with umbrellas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom