Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I went out to Alhambra this morning, hoping to sneak in a quick dive before the west winds really messed up the viz. As you can see, I'm already back.:shakehead:
I hit the beach at 9:15 & the west winds were aready bumping up the water. I decided to call the dive. When I got up to the top of the hill, I ran into Jeff & he told me I had made a good call. He said that he & Capt. Morgan had tried a dive yesterday & they both aborted their dives because they kept running into the bottom. The weather forcast for this week doesn't look too promising for the viz to clear real soon. <sigh>:depressed:

18 July 09
Service Club
Surf 1-2 ft
Tide outgoing
Water temp 88 F
Winds lite & westerly
Drift algae close to the beach
Viz 3 ft
Found a few small teeth......nothing to brag about, but I was there!

Service Club 7/19/09
Dive time 8:20 am
Seas 1'-2'
Water temp 89
Max depth 26'
Vis After the sandbar 4'-8'
still lots of snot

The best finds; a 2 1/2" chocolate top meg w/ a little rounding to the tip and a chocolate top mako 1 3/4"
Got a few broken meg pieces and the usual small stuff.
Am also collecting urchin bodies to fill a glass vase. Got 5 out of 7 home.Talk about fragile.

Attachments

• vase.JPG
    vase.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 87
Alhambra vis was 2 - 3 feet this morning in 1 - 2 ft seas. At 4 PM when the storm was rolling in seas increased to 4 feet and viz decreased to about 6 inches.

19 July 09
Aristakat & Capt. Jamie
Morning trip - ledges approx 5 miles off Venice
Wind SW 10 - 15
Tide outgoing
Seas 2 ft
Viz 8-10 ft
Afternoon trip - Boneyard
Tide outgoing
Wind sw 10-15, building to west @ 35 mph
Seas 2 ft, building to 4-6 ft VERY QUICKLY
Viz 3ft dropping to 6"
4 megs in the 2" to 4" range, a collection of smaller teeth and an assortment of other fossils
Everyone scored!

21 July 09
Service Club
Wind SE 0-5 mph
Surf Flat
Tide incoming
Viz 6-8 ft
one 2" Mako tooth and about 100 assorted smaller teeth

Did Alhambra this morning. Winds were out of the SE. Outgoing tide. Viz was 3 - 5ft. with a max depth of 21ft. Had a great time until that stinkin' remora showed up & started pestering me.

22 July 09
Boneyard w/ Aristakat & Capt. Jamie
Wind SE 0-5
Water Temp 86
Tide outgoing
Viz 6ft
Approx. 20 megs found today in the 2"-4" size, and one 4 1/4" meg found by me. A great day of diving and very productive!

23 July 09
Boneyard w/Aristakat & Capt. Jamie
Wind E 5mph
Tide incoming
Water Temp 86
Viz 6 ft
Approx. 12 megs found today including several in the 3" size. Another great day @ the boneyard!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom