Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AristaKat Charters

Site Location (Bone yard)
Water Temp 88
Vizibility 10+
Tide?????
Wind direction and strength: SE/SW 5-10 kts
Surf 1'
Presence of Lots of boats and divers. Great day to be out. Several megs,makos,whale teeth,camel,whale teeth. Pictures soon as I get everything cleaned. :daydreaming:

Charlestonian diving in Venice Beach, Fl with none other than
AristaKat Charters

Site Location (Venice Sharks Tooth Capital of the World)
Water Temp 88-89 (a 3-mil was WAY too much)
Vizibility 8-10
Tide?????
Wind direction and strength: SE/SW 5-10 kts
Surf 1'
Presence of Lots tourists and some regulars - such as the emminent fossil expert, Fossil Babe.

We saw a sea turtle (freakin huge) swimming on the surface as we drove from one dive site to another. I think the turtle was looking for Krawdady. :kiss2: :rofl3:
We also saw some dolphin playing in the water, too.

Attachments

• DSC02422.JPG
    DSC02422.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC02423.JPG
    DSC02423.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC02426.JPG
    DSC02426.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 70
The wife and I made it out today.

Site: Boneyard +/- (25 ft)
Water temp: 88-89
Viz: 5-6 (Almost lost her a couple of times :D )
Tide: Outgoing from high (11:30ish)
Wind: south blowing the tops off of the waves at times
Surf: 1-2 fairly lumpy
Lots of algae

A pretty good trip for us. I will try to post some pics in the pics section if I can remember how.

AristaKat Charters
Site: Boneyard
Water temp: 88
Viz: 5-6
Tide: Outgoing
Wind: SE/SW 5-10 kts
Surf: 1-2
Saw Krawdadys turtle and hung out with her for a while!!! Just Girl Chat!!!!

Dove with Aristakat Charters (Had wonderful time again!)

Site: Da Boneyard in da Gulf
Water temp: 88 (Need to get a skin - 3 mil is killing me)
Viz: 5-6 - at times lots of turbidity because Fossilbabe was bookin it and draggin me all over the bottom
Tide: Outgoing
Wind: SE/SW 5-10 kts

Had the wonderful experience of diving with Fossilbabe, again. She's an excellent teacher. I really have learned volumes.

If you were nearby, you might have heard my underwater scream as I found my first 3 7/8 inch Meg. I was already addicted but now I'm just insane about it. I can't wait to come back down and dive with Aristakat Charters and Fossilbabe.

Did the park just north of Sharky's at 0830. Winds were out of the east & then shifted to the south by the end of the dive. Vis was 7 - 9ft. with a max depth of 21ft. Lots of snot.

AristaKat Charters
Site: Bone yard
Water temp: 88
Viz: 6-8
Tide: ???????
Wind: E/W 5-10 kts

Just got back from South Brohard park and the vis. was only about 5-6 feet. It was around 12:30 while I was out there, I went straight out from South walkway and swam a few hundred yards out. Seemed like a lot of "stuff" floating in the water. When I came back in and was rinsing off, a guy said that low tide was at 9am and the reason for the poor vis. was because "stuff" was being pushed in with the incoming tide. Sounds true, but is it?

Yea eric, I think that sounds about right. The tide prediction today for Venice Inlet was: low around 0800-0815 and high around 1345-1400. I thought the vis would be better cause it looked like the winds were shifting to more Easterly trend. Usually clears a bit on a high tide till just after the turn. I was planning on coming over but I'm glad I didn't make the drive from the sound of it.

Once again, I highly appreciate these reports from you all - saves gasoline!

Last edited:
Shore dive off of Sharkey's today
Time - 9:30 AM
Depth - 18 - 20ft
Vis 8-10 ft
Water temp - 89
Winds - barely any out of the east

My first dive there, not the biggest teeth haul I am sure, but I loved it. If anyone lost thier mask and is offering a big reward, let me know!

Attachments

• DSCN0915.jpg
    DSCN0915.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN0912.jpg
    DSCN0912.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 67
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom