Dive Report: Navarre Pier 09/29/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you just enter along the side of the pier? YES
What is the parking situation there? PARK BETWEEN THE SHOWER AND THE RESTROOMS
Do you have a long hike like the Destin Jetties? NO. THE HIKE IS ABOUT 100 YARDS OR SO.

You will have days where you have 20ft of viz, and days where you have 2inches of viz, but it's not tide dependant, so you can dive around the clock if the surf is not too bad. Additional structure has only recently uncovered, so if all else stays the same, this will be a fantastic dive by next year.

Bah! your buddies are not dedicated enough. Next they'll want someone to carry their gear for them

:tongue2:

Could that be arranged?

It's all relative! Of course that is easy for me to say since I don't pay for my gas (Company Car).

If I am considered a relative does that mean you will come pick me up with your free gas?:D

If I am considered a relative does that mean you will come pick me up with your free gas?:D

Sure, If you move to Navarre! Or somewhere along my route to my destination!

along my route to my destination!

Your Route!!!!! I would have to live like 3 miles from the beach..:shakehead:......Might as walk with my gear on my back..:wink:

Your Route!!!!! I would have to live like 3 miles from the beach..:shakehead:......Might as walk with my gear on my back..:wink:

I thought you had Hetland to do that for you?:wink:

Hey!! You're right!! That's the kind of job he would beg to have. :D

I am sure there is a place for sale in the condo next to the pier!!! :wink:

That way your friends wouldn't have to carry your gear as far for you. :-D

As far as driving is concerned... you are so right!!! That is WAY cheaper than a boat dive. Can't (or haven't) seen large fish like that found on a dive charter though.

I've actually carried another's gear (while wearing my own) across Navarre Beach. While I'm sure that I looked very manly to all the onlookers, I'd have to say that I can't recommend the job. In fact, it would cost about $100 for me to carry someone's gear across that beach. Perhaps $500-$1000 while wearing gear of my own :wink: However, with my neck in it's current position, I will not be available for gear toting for the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom