Dive report- my first trip to Lobos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absol-freaking-lutely! You name it, though the mid-week thing is tough, I'm running out of vacation time and have to take 3 days off at the end of December for a hockey tournament in So. Cal for Tommy.
Hoping to bring my dive gear on that trip and see if I can get a So. Cal person to shore dive with me. I have it in the works :)
I know you said you're busy thru mid-december, I'm willing to just start making reservations...like December 20th.

:rofl3::rofl3:You are so sweet! Midweek work best for me, but its possible I might have a few weekend days off here and there to join you and Don again I have to see how the end of term projects go ;-).

Last edited:
There are two, a mated pair. That's why they're often referred to together, as "Itchy and Scratchy." One's reddish, the other's gray. I honestly can't tell you which is Itchy and which is Scratchy :blinking:

Here's a pic of the two of them together: Itchy and Scratchy

I just did a little "google" research - the gray one is the male, the brown one is the female - but I still don't know which is itchy or scratchy.

I did read that often they mate for life.

I just did a little "google" research - the gray one is the male, the brown one is the female - but I still don't know which is itchy or scratchy.

I did read that often they mate for life.

Gray = Itchy
Brown = Scratchy

I'm sure of it.

(Hey, 50-50 odds, right? :wink:)

Gray = Itchy
Brown = Scratchy

I'm sure of it.

(Hey, 50-50 odds, right? :wink:)

Sure! Right! :D Let's ask Clinton :D

Although the reef structure further out becomes breathtaking.

I love diving Lobos... better yet showing my guests some of the cool parts on scooters :)

Ahh, sweet temptations :D!

Michelle, you know you're welcome any time on Dave's or my boat. Just let me know and I'll save a spot for ya. :D

Thanks Danno...I'll do that! :D

Hi Michelle,

I have an idea where they live & it would be fun to go looking with you ;-).

But my schedule is crazy for a while & unless you can slip away for a mid-week dive on Wed, or Fri, time is really tight through the end of my semester in mid December.

Then I'm off for a month - anyone want to go diving !!

Hi Kathy,

I was just talking to some friends last night about taking a day off and diving at Lobos. They haven't been diving much here (they're from England), but really want to check it out. Let's watch the conditions and do it soon. :D

:rofl3::rofl3:You are so sweet! Midweek work best for me, but its possible I might have a few weekend days off here and there to join you and Don again I have to see how the end of term projects go ;-).

I am available for mid-week dives if you find yourself in need of a buddy.

I'll take you up on your offer as soon as my current project is finally finished...I've racked up a ton of PTO...

Perhaps you like to join us sometime for a first time tour :).

I'll take you up on your offer as soon as my current project is finally finished...I've racked up a ton of PTO...

That will be fun! Maybe Don would like to join? Just drop me a PM when you have the time.

I am available for mid-week dives if you find yourself in need of a buddy.

Thanks for the offer! That's great to know!

Hi Kathy,

I was just talking to some friends last night about taking a day off and diving at Lobos. They haven't been diving much here (they're from England), but really want to check it out. Let's watch the conditions and do it soon. :D

Sounds fun! I'm heading to Anacapa this weekend to meet a huge party of so cal UTD/GUE folks - imagine 14 on one boat with all kinds of doubles and scooters! I'll try to take some pictures and post a trip report ;-). They are a fun crowd - so it's gonna be a party!

Next week is a zoo with 2 school fieldtrips (one over a 3 day weekend). I have the following Monday off, so Mon 16th or Wed 18 would probably work - keeping my fingers crossed for conditions ;-).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom