Dive report- my first trip to Lobos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kristina and Kathy,

Thanks for the fun day diving!

Yes, I took a lot of pictures, but being an absolute noob with strobe and manual settings, nothing really came out. Here's what's partially viewable (and no it was not a night dive, LOL):

Let's go out again!

Thanks for the pic's Don!

Nice shots! I really love Kristina's relaxed expression & the topside shot of me ;-).

I had a great time & I'd love to do it again - how about you Kristina?!

Wow,

Don, I didn't know you could do a night dive at Lobos just amazing. Hey maybe that is why itchy and scratchy are found, it's a night dive. :)

Wow, great shots Don! They may be dark, but they're really well and richly exposed. You shooting flash at ISO 10 or something? :D

Thanks for the pic's Don!

Nice shots! I really love Kristina's relaxed expression & the topside shot of me ;-).

I had a great time & I'd love to do it again - how about you Kristina?!

Absol-freaking-lutely! You name it, though the mid-week thing is tough, I'm running out of vacation time and have to take 3 days off at the end of December for a hockey tournament in So. Cal for Tommy.
Hoping to bring my dive gear on that trip and see if I can get a So. Cal person to shore dive with me. I have it in the works :)
I know you said you're busy thru mid-december, I'm willing to just start making reservations...like December 20th.

Kathy, I found myself just smiling to myself on my way into work this morning, thinking about my great day off. I was excited on the first dive and was able to calm down a bit on the second, thus the better SAC on the second. Don, I'm thrilled you got a picture of the wolf eel, though it doesn't look like I remembered, I thought the one I saw was grayish-blue? Are they both in the same hole, as shown on the photo link Kathy posted earlier? Or did I miss this one?
I had a blast, got a bit cold on the second dive, but not cold enough to cramp or want to quit before my air was up.

Don, I'm thrilled you got a picture of the wolf eel, though it doesn't look like I remembered, I thought the one I saw was grayish-blue? Are they both in the same hole, as shown on the photo link Kathy posted earlier? Or did I miss this one?

There are two, a mated pair. That's why they're often referred to together, as "Itchy and Scratchy." One's reddish, the other's gray. I honestly can't tell you which is Itchy and which is Scratchy :blinking:

Here's a pic of the two of them together: http://www.baue.org/images/galleries/v/local/lobos_oct17/_DSC6671.jpg.html

pacificgal, it was fun to read the report. What I remember most about my first trip to Lobos was swimming along what seemed like a cleft, with a huge rock wall to my left. The topography was stunning, like flying through Yosemite. Ahead of me, Kevin was on his back watching the sunlight on the surface, while Claudette and I excitedly pointed out every nudibranch and blue rockfish we passed.

Although the reef structure further out becomes breathtaking, I will never forget the excitement of those first Cove dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom