Dive Report: Hollywood Northpark Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefTrekker

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ok, so I get the bug today really badly. One of those, It's nice out, if I don't dive I may actually go nuts......

On a whim, called up a friend and hit the beach.

The conditions were beautiful! Vis wasn't that great...maybe 10-12 feet, but good enough to see a few fish. This was actually my first beach dive since I moved to Hollywood 6 months ago. Not sure why.......just stuck to the boats.
Best $2.00 I have ever spent.

Did see a small skate, and several puffer fish. Thanks to previous postings, I knew very well the dangers of wiggling a finger at one of them, and came back with all 10 digits! Another reason to stay active on the Board! There wasn't a whole heck of a lot out there....some soft coral, a few small ledges. Basically just a place to go blow bubbles really close to home. I was thrilled, but I'm rather easily entertained.

Thanks Scuba_Jenny for putting up that link for the web cams......seeing the flat water earlier got me out of the house!! Sorry for not inviting anybody, but we were there about 30 minutes after I decided I had to go (hmmm....a little impulsive perhaps?)

Anyways, just wanted to share.......may go back out tomorrow to use up another tank. If anyone wants to go.....PM me and I'll let you know when we'll be there.

Jeremy

Cool. Glad you enjoyed the dive. How bout burning that other tank with us on on Hibiscus tomorrow morning? Hibiscus is the second street south of Commerical. Look for the Dive Dive Dive thread....

ReefTrekker:
Did see a small skate, and several puffer fish. Thanks to previous postings, I knew very well the dangers of wiggling a finger at one of them, and came back with all 10 digits!

lol.... yeah i read about that (not on the board)... i even saw a picture
on the net... looked bad

but you know, those things chomp on coral, so you'd figure they have
nasty bites... anyway... nice report

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom