Dive report: Conch Republic Divers May 8th & 10th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Quick Report. Dove Friday 5/8 with CRD. About 15 people on board and wide open space to stretch out. Hit Paradise reef with 77 degree bottom temps, 40ft of viz, zero current. I love this reef, it has everything on it. Saw big Black Groupers, a small stingray, barracuda, a sleeping nurse shark, lobster and my 1st photo capture of a Nassau Grouper.(we don't see them in Jupiter). Glass flat topside.

On Sunday 5/10, CRD had a light passenger load and still took only 4 of us out on the big boat. We dove Davis reef backside and that reef with the Budda where everyone rubs his tummy. Viz improved to 70ft. Huge 3ft long black grouper but couldn't close the distance for a photo.

Gotta give a big thank you to CRD staff and crew who again, went above and beyond what was expected. I made hog & lionfish ceviche for the Admiral & boat crew that was fully consumed (Tip> feed the crew, they'll let you pick the 2nd dive spot :) ). Many thanks to the CRD family & crew, who really show what putting divers first is all about.

Sunburst shot
IMG_4554.jpg

IMG_45711.jpg

Nassau Grouper
IMG_4577.jpg

Breeding Conch's :)
IMG_45881.jpg

Baby Puffer
IMG_46262.jpg

Blocking my view of the deep Blue, Blue !!
IMG_4644.jpg

Sounds like a very nice couple of days of diving. I've also had CRD take out a handful of divers on the big boat: we offered to jump on the little boat if it was more economical for the shop, but they decided to run us out on the large one. It was pure luxury and appreciated by the 4 divers. Nice photos too!

CRD is definitely the best dive shop in the upper Keys. Glad you had such a nice time!

nice report and great photos...however i think the Florida horse conch is digesting the juvenile queen conch in your 4th photo.....(the horse conch eat them).

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom