Dive Report - Breakwater 27 Feb 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_ca

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Earlier this week I received a shocking call from Ted. Nils was moving away and this weekend would be the last opportunity to come out and dive with him. So when the discussion turn to "where" the answer was easy.

The Breakwater.

This has been our homebase for many a dive day... our mudhole, our training ground, our bunny slopes... our ground zero. We've had so many good memories of training, diving and just hanging out with our circle of friends that it only made sense that we have our final dive together here.

For this final run we decided on the BW Grand Circuit. We would first check out the Spanish anchor at the wall then scoot out to the Barge, make the jump to the Metridium Fields then finally back to the wall.

attachment.php

Nils the rockstar!

Don and Cynthia
attachment.php

Nice calm day
attachment.php

attachment.php

First stop the anchor

attachment.php

attachment.php

Don shooting video

The barge had the usual characters...
attachment.php

And the Metridium Fields
attachment.php

Nils with his Cuda
attachment.php

Cynthia calling the stops
attachment.php

Post Dive
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

There's some more pictures but we'll let someone else use those on her report...

Thanks for letting me lift your scooters 6" off the sand. I might be leaning towards a Sierra now... :)

And where's the picture of you shutting off my left post cause you didn't like my new UTD mask strap?

And where's the picture of you shutting off my left post cause you didn't like my new UTD mask strap?

:shocked2:

I don't know what you are talking about...

:angel:

And Nils would have given you a big head start and still would have mowed you down with the Cuda...

Maybe one of these days we can give you a taste of the scooter crack... You know the first taste is always free :wink:

Ben,

That picture of your hand near my instructors left post has to be the funniest thing I have read on scubaboard in a very long time. :rofl3:

I literally almost fell out of my chair when I saw the picture.

You word it so nicely, "I'm always here to give my buddies a hand
04.gif
"

I can see the Monterey Herald saying, "Diver is reported safe after a near death experience at Break Water, his valve was accidently not turned on, but fearless diver Ben Ca, happen to be there and lended a hand"... :)

Ben you took the cake on this one, thanks for the great laugh, might I add, is my Instructor Don okay?

MG

Back
Top Bottom