Dive piers at shore dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
OK, just putting this out there...Does anyone have an idea if there is a way to build dive piers at some of our shore dive sites. On my last shore dive the sand got into my inflator, so bad that Roger had to put in a new inflator, and inside the battery housing of my computer which is in a console!!! - Screwed my computer up :(
Was talking to my one of my buddies and she thought there might even be a way to get funding because it would protect the reefs....

Any thoughts?

I think it is a wonderful idea...

Somewhere over by Three Tables or The Trench would be so nice.

Hope some people with DNLR can give you some ideas about funding. Would also protect the reef from foot access....

yeah, I'd rather take that long walk off a pier than walk out over the reef at the trench.

Grand Idea, Sharks Cove could use one....the list is long, maybe mention it at the October meeting of the Sealancers, there is a DLNR rep showing up to do a presentation.
Sell parking permits......

I've heard of others talking of cement steps, ramps....all would help erosion and maybe you would see less people falling down.....

justleesa:
Cement steps at Eternity Beach! Now that would be fantastic!!!

yeah!.. but i'd prefer an escalator or elevator =P

and, with piers.. the rescue class would be so much easier.. or at least not mess up your rig so much =) lol.. you could even just throw a donut from the end of the pier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom