Dive piers at shore dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are thinking cement steps and other things for access, there's probably only one way you'll ever get past the "environmental" types who want no change whatsoever....

ADA. You need to find someone who'll make a whole lot of noise about lack of handicap access at popular water activity sites. Find that and you can probably get an asphault path/ramp right into the water.

Hope nobody finds this offensive, but it's probably the only way you'll ever see concrete across the rocks.

Sad but true. They put in a ramp over at the Nanatorium...it never really gets used by people with handicaps, but it's there...

Thanks for your thoughts

The state has approved funds for the sea wall repair in the Diamond Head area. They fought for that for a long, long time. It is just maintenance of what is already there. And the funds have not been released by the administration.

As much as I would love to see better access, I think I'll see pigs fly first. I still think helicoptor diving is the way to go. If they can jump out of those on Fear Factor, then we certainly can . . . .

Aaawwww Becky....is your favorite color black? :wink: What if we raised the funds ourselves?

BTW, Truckergirl was telling what a good time she had with you and was very glad you took her mom snorkeling :wink:

I know, it seems cynical. I'm pretty bitter when it comes to "those in pol**tics" (so as not to get my post pulled). Sorry.

We do have to be aware of the environmental piece as well. I'm not optimistic about that, either.

But I'm not this pessimistic about everything, I assure you!

Truckergirl was a blast, actually. Didn't you think so? She cracked me up. I hope she comes back before her sister leaves the state.

I'd love to see anything that could make getting in and out at Shark's Cove easier. I refuse to climb down there and back up. We usually just do 3 tables or firehouse.

Walking over the rocks from the parking lot is so unsafe....what would be better a ramp or stairs?

Back
Top Bottom